Does EMC9 labeler support HP D5160 Printer

ICC

Question

Received an HP photosmart D5160 printer for Christmas. EMC 7x, which I currently use, does not support this printers direct to cd print option (similar to Epson models that are supported). Does EMC 9 support this printer?

If it does I'll upgrade. If not I'll keep trying to make EMC 7x work with it.

Thanks

17 answers to this question

Well, hopefully they will. I looked at that printer and would like to get one. The ink cartridges don't hold much ink, though. Have you printed any discs with the HP software?

Haven't printed any yet. The software looks good but limiting in itself. However, per other user forums, you can work up a layout in photoshop and import. I just read way too many bad reviews (mainly on ink) dealing with the epson models that print directly to disk. Hope to work with it this weekend. Will let you know.

Tim

Tim, thanks for replying. Despite the problems, it looks like that printer has promise! It would be a hoot to use Roxio's Label Maker, with that printer. Let's hope, because I really want to get one.

Grandpabruce,

See new topic posted by me http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=14862.

I was able to get the settings correct.

I am very happy with this printer now.

I printed about 20 CD labels (been saving up the projects) with mutiple color graphics and track listings. Ink moniter shows cartriges basically full. My guess would be about 75 - 100 CDs per cartridge.

Tim

Hi Tim, thanks for the work you've done on this. I have EMC 9 and an HP D5160 printer. I think there are enough differences between your EMC 7.5 and EMC 9 that the technique you describe will be different. For instance, there is no "File: Printer Adjustments" menu choice in EMC 9 Label Creator. There is probably some way to do it but you can't go step by step through the instructions. -Allen-

Grandpabruce,

See new topic posted by me http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=14862.

I was able to get the settings correct.

I am very happy with this printer now.

I printed about 20 CD labels (been saving up the projects) with mutiple color graphics and track listings. Ink moniter shows cartriges basically full. My guess would be about 75 - 100 CDs per cartridge.

Tim

High fives to you!!!! You realize this may cause me a problem, because I will probably be getting one, next week. :)

Haven't printed any yet. The software looks good but limiting in itself. However, per other user forums, you can work up a layout in photoshop and import. I just read way too many bad reviews (mainly on ink) dealing with the epson models that print directly to disk. Hope to work with it this weekend. Will let you know.

Tim

Thanks.

I don't have one of these so I cannot say for sure, but it is not up to the software to do this but rather the print drivers provided with your printer.

I suggest you download the Trial V9, here, and give it a test drive.

Thanks John, I've tried using the trial version. It would never get past the registration screen. I'd try to open it everyday and the counter would clock down saying I only had x days to use it. However, it would never open due to never going past the regestration screen.

I'll try contacting sales and see if they can tell me.

Tim

Thanks John, I've tried using the trial version. It would never get past the registration screen. I'd try to open it everyday and the counter would clock down saying I only had x days to use it. However, it would never open due to never going past the regestration screen.

Tim

Tim, didn't you get software with the HP printer? Does that software allow you to print directly to the disk/disc?

I don't know if EMC 9 works for that printer, but hopefully you find out from sales.

OK, I've tried the sales link and it was no help. Could someone please open up thier version of EMC 9x and check the labeler disk paper types to see if the HP photosmart printer is listed (like seeing the epson printers in the paper type). This would tell me that Roxio got around to designing a template for it as was discussed back in the version 7x forums link http://forums.support.roxio.com/lofiversio...php/t11567.html

Thanks in advance.

Tim

Tim,

it's James not John.

Go here and you will see the registration and 30 day nag screen. Sounds like you registered it but didn't navigate past the nag screen!

I downloaded it the day it was available and still have 10 days left.

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=14474

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?showtopic=13472

cd

OK, I've tried the sales link and it was no help. Could someone please open up thier version of EMC 9x and check the labeler disk paper types to see if the HP photosmart printer is listed (like seeing the epson printers in the paper type). This would tell me that Roxio got around to designing a template for it as was discussed back in the version 7x forums link http://forums.support.roxio.com/lofiversio...php/t11567.html

Thanks in advance.

Here's what I found. There is no HP printer listed, only Epson. I clicked on Page setup, and then on print to disc. You don't see the full dropdown, but all of the printers are Epsons.

post-81-1167345246.jpg

post-81-1167345262.jpg

Received an HP photosmart D5160 printer for Christmas. EMC 7x, which I currently use, does not support this printers direct to cd print option (similar to Epson models that are supported). Does EMC 9 support this printer?

If it does I'll upgrade. If not I'll keep trying to make EMC 7x work with it.

Thanks

oh, I can't be sure if you're at printer will work, but I am using an HP printer, which is at 2003 model, which is recognized by the programme. As far as printing the labels. Hope this may help

oh, I can't be sure if you're at printer will work, but I am using an HP printer, which is at 2003 model, which is recognized by the programme. As far as printing the labels. Hope this may help

Thanks. I think you mis-understood. I know it would work to print peal off labels. This printer prints directly onto printable CDs. If supported, you would select it as the paper type for the labels as you would for the Epson R200, for example.

Here's what I found. There is no HP printer listed, only Epson. I clicked on Page setup, and then on print to disc. You don't see the full dropdown, but all of the printers are Epsons.

Grandpabruce - Thanks that answered the question. Hopefully Roxio will have an update with a template at a later date.

James - Sorry about calling you John.

CD - Thanks for the info.

Tim

The printer works great, both for photos and CDs. Problem is the software, Photosmart Premier 6.5.

You can import only one photo which becomes the entire disk.

There is only one text block which is fixed in the lower part of the disk.

This always seems to be the problem when you have hardware manufacturers try to create software.

I'll continue to try and create a user defined template for roxio. If I can get it to work I'll post it here.

ROXO - PLEASE make templates for other printers that print directly to cds/dvds. HP, Canon and others in addition to Epson have this function on thier printers. HP had it since EMC 7x. Roxio only cheats it's bottom line when users who get new hardware can't use your product with it.

Tim

Grandpabruce - Thanks that answered the question. Hopefully Roxio will have an update with a template at a later date.

James - Sorry about calling you John.

CD - Thanks for the info.

Tim

Well, hopefully they will. I looked at that printer and would like to get one. The ink cartridges don't hold much ink, though. Have you printed any discs with the HP software?

The printer works great, both for photos and CDs. Problem is the software, Photosmart Premier 6.5.

You can import only one photo which becomes the entire disk.

There is only one text block which is fixed in the lower part of the disk.

This always seems to be the problem when you have hardware manufacturers try to create software.

I'll continue to try and create a user defined template for roxio. If I can get it to work I'll post it here.

ROXO - PLEASE make templates for other printers that print directly to cds/dvds. HP, Canon and others in addition to Epson have this function on thier printers. HP had it since EMC 7x. Roxio only cheats it's bottom line when users who get new hardware can't use your product with it.

Tim

Tim, thanks for replying. Despite the problems, it looks like that printer has promise! It would be a hoot to use Roxio's Label Maker, with that printer. Let's hope, because I really want to get one.

Archived