DVD Error 80040207 while encoding menu. What to do?

Kevin@San Francisco

Greetings community. I am a new user and I am getting this error after:

1. Selecting burn my project

2. Secting menu

3. 100 encoding

4. Then I see the message. The detail box simplay says: 80040207 Error while Encoding Menu

Your advise would be deeply appreciated.

Also it seems like the help site emal function does not work and the search function does not list this error number.

2. Secting menu

3. 100 encoding

4. Then I see the message. The detail box simplay says: 80040207 Error while Encoding Menu

Also it seems like the help site emal function does not work and the search function does not list this error number.

Make sure your burner firmware is up to date. Also unselect burn to disk and select save image file and see if that works. You can then burn the resulting ISO file to disc with Disc Copier.

There have been others with this same error that have had success with updating the burner firmware.

Actually 80040207 produces a lot of hits on search

The main culprit seems to be the video drivers - go to the maker's website and download and install the latest. Also install the latest version of DirectX (9,0c, December release)

2. Secting menu

3. 100 encoding

I googled the error - http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=error+80040207 - and glancing at a couple of the results it appears something is out of sync with something else.

Try Daithi's and Paul's suggestion :)

Lynn

2. Secting menu

3. 100 encoding

Here is what I got on the search in Roxio (top right)

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?...ghlite=80040207

Archived