Help! Toast Suddenly Won't Copy

inaam

Question

Help! Suddenly, Toast doesn't want to copy anything, CD or DVD. Whenever I swtich to the Copy tab in Toast with a CD/DVD already mounted, or when I put a disc in when I'm on that tab, I get the mac spinning ball of death... I was on 6.0.5 and I just updated to 6.1.1 and same thing. I'm on a Mac G5 Dual 2G, on OS 10.3.8.

This is at work BTW and we make copies for our clients of their own work. Any help is welcome.

Thanks!

4 answers to this question

Awww man, I am reading this (and a few other "Toast won't burn" threads) just as I'm attempting to burn a DVD here at work after upgrading to 6.1.1. using Mac OS 10.4.4 (which seems to be the common denominator). So far, so good but I'm not using the "copy" feature. Instead, I am using the "Data" tab, DVD-Rom (UDF), placing audio and video ts files there and burning. It's not done yet but so far, it's moving along like normal. Also, I did update my LaCie recorder (updates were put out in December, I think) so you might try either or both of those. If I do happen to get the spinning wheel of death, I'll pop back in and let you know.

Help! Suddenly, Toast doesn't want to copy anything, CD or DVD. Whenever I swtich to the Copy tab in Toast with a CD/DVD already mounted, or when I put a disc in when I'm on that tab, I get the mac spinning ball of death... I was on 6.0.5 and I just updated to 6.1.1 and same thing. I'm on a Mac G5 Dual 2G, on OS 10.3.8.

This is at work BTW and we make copies for our clients of their own work. Any help is welcome.

Thanks!

I have exactly the same issue. Updated to 6.1.1 yesterday and if I click the copy tab I get the spinning ball of death. OSX 10.4.4, iMac G5 20". Anyone else? Any clues?

Nigel

Archived