• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

MYDVD LE 6.1

ty cobb

Question

Hi Everyone - I'm not sure if I am in the right place, please let me know if I should go somewhere else.

I bought a Dell with MYDVD installed - it will copy a CD, make a video Cd but will not copy a home movie file onto a DVD - Everythingappears to be going fine, it lets me edit, create a file , it transcodes the information than says "Cancel" and posts the following error message - "device error - sense code (4 08 00) logical unit communication failure -general 213097064" - then spits out the disc (which has something on it, because I can't reuse it).

45 minutes with Dell, twice as long combing the net for updates and patches - anyone have an idea?

Thanks!

2 answers to this question

You have a Dell OEM version....contact Dell they give all support on their software.

About support for Dell OEM versions of Roxio products... I also recently purchased a Dell with myDVD (plus version) and it was not allowing me to import video or files into new projects. I called Dell, spent three hours on the phone with very nice and very helpful support folks who were, unfortunately unable to solve my problem. Finally, they suggested I check with Roxio for an update. There was none. But, I did find a similar error listed on Roxio's web site that let me know that I needed a new driver for my ATI video card. I downloaded the new driver and re-installed DirectX as suggested and the problem was fixed.

Doens't mean I wouldn't suggest calling Dell. You might also check the Dell web site for updated drivers.

Hi Everyone - I'm not sure if I am in the right place, please let me know if I should go somewhere else.

I bought a Dell with MYDVD installed - it will copy a CD, make a video Cd but will not copy a home movie file onto a DVD - Everythingappears to be going fine, it lets me edit, create a file , it transcodes the information than says "Cancel" and posts the following error message - "device error - sense code (4 08 00) logical unit communication failure -general 213097064" - then spits out the disc (which has something on it, because I can't reuse it).

45 minutes with Dell, twice as long combing the net for updates and patches - anyone have an idea?

Thanks!

You have a Dell OEM version....contact Dell they give all support on their software.

Archived