MYDVD

ty cobb

Question

Hi Everyone - I'm not sure if I am in the right place, please let me know if I should go somewhere else.

I bought a Dell with MYDVD installed - it will copy a CD, make a video Cd but will not copy a home movie file onto a DVD - Everythingappears to be going fine, it lets me edit, create a file , it transcodes the information than says "Cancel" and posts the following error message - "device error - sense code (4 08 00) logical unit communication failure -general 213097064" - then spits out the disc (which has something on it, because I can't reuse it).

45 minutes with Dell, twice as long combing the net for updates and patches - anyone have an idea?

Thanks

7 answers to this question

Hi Everyone - I'm not sure if I am in the right place, please let me know if I should go somewhere else.

I bought a Dell with MYDVD installed - it will copy a CD, make a video Cd but will not copy a home movie file onto a DVD - Everythingappears to be going fine, it lets me edit, create a file , it transcodes the information than says "Cancel" and posts the following error message - "device error - sense code (4 08 00) logical unit communication failure -general 213097064" - then spits out the disc (which has something on it, because I can't reuse it).

45 minutes with Dell, twice as long combing the net for updates and patches - anyone have an idea?

Thanks

I just discovered the same error on my new Dell machine. Tested capability to burn CDs and this was fine. Burning DVDs however was another matter. Clearly not a disk problem. I'm not sure if this is a problem with Roxio/Sonic recording software. Was this problem resolved to your satisfaction. Not clear from the interactions below. I plan on trying Dell.

Thanks

I would 1st put in a dvd r/w and just copy any file to it to make sure the computer will write to a dvd. If it write to it you know your drive is ok and just erace it and you still have a good disk.

Also try to import some pictures into windows movie maker it's a great program and is part of Windows XP. Click on to save to my computer when you get to screen for movie settings click on other settings click down arrow and select DV-AVI after your clip is saved ""import it into your program for burning.""

Also check the program you are using that came with your computer a lot of time they will burn to a CD & copy files to a DVD Make copy's a CD or DVD ""but will not burn a dvd that can be played on a DVD player""

Do you actually HAVE a DVD burner? How old is the computer. MyDVD 6.1 is a previous Sonic application. Most of us here were previous Roxio users which the latest version is based (after the merger).

MyDVD 6. LE is an OEM version and yes, Dell is responsible for support. They could have easily modified the application to only burn VCDs.

Archived