• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
John T

Hangs while encoding movie 0%

Question

:) Here is my dilema....I want to burn Tivo files to DVD, Tivo says MyDVD is the only one licensed to do so. I purchased EMC 9. I like the program, I just cannot burn DVD's. I have been reading all these posts and tried many different things. When I first ran the program, it showed my video card driver was outdated so I downloaded and installed the latest driver from the video card manufacturer's website. That took care of that error. I edited a video file in MyDVD, saved the project and I am unable to burn it. I have tried many things, I uninstalled EMC and reinstalled it without my anti-virus software running as someone said, I disabled all my startup files through msconfig, I tried different media, I successfully burned with other software, I tried writing a self service web ticket on roxio.com ( with no response in three days ), I tried myDVD express, I tried updating my firmware for my burner but the manufacturer's website no longer exists and I cannot seem to find the firmware online anywhere, I have defraged and run virus scan, BUT it will not get past 'encoding movie (0%)', I have tried to burn an image, I also tried a short 3MB avi file. I know my video card is older but Roxio did not specify a NEW video card. Please help. Also noted, no error messages pop up, my CPU usage is 50 - 60% while EMC is running and jumps to 100% while a burn is attempted however I can still perform other functions on the computer at that time.

John

Computer assembled by self

1.6a P4 intel processor on an ASUS P4S333 motherboard

ASUS 9280 NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4200 video card with 128MB ram onboard

1 GB ram physical memory

1 300 GB Seagate hard drive 7200 RPM (44 GB free) Data storage drive

1 60 GB Seagate hard drive (44 GB free ) Operating system drive

1 MicroAdvantage DL DVD burner (reported to be an A-OPEN drive )

Windows XP professional

2 answers to this question

:) Here is my dilema....I want to burn Tivo files to DVD, Tivo says MyDVD is the only one licensed to do so. I purchased EMC 9. I like the program, I just cannot burn DVD's. I have been reading all these posts and tried many different things. When I first ran the program, it showed my video card driver was outdated so I downloaded and installed the latest driver from the video card manufacturer's website. That took care of that error. I edited a video file in MyDVD, saved the project and I am unable to burn it. I have tried many things, I uninstalled EMC and reinstalled it without my anti-virus software running as someone said, I disabled all my startup files through msconfig, I tried different media, I successfully burned with other software, I tried writing a self service web ticket on roxio.com ( with no response in three days ), I tried myDVD express, I tried updating my firmware for my burner but the manufacturer's website no longer exists and I cannot seem to find the firmware online anywhere, I have defraged and run virus scan, BUT it will not get past 'encoding movie (0%)', I have tried to burn an image, I also tried a short 3MB avi file. I know my video card is older but Roxio did not specify a NEW video card. Please help. Also noted, no error messages pop up, my CPU usage is 50 - 60% while EMC is running and jumps to 100% while a burn is attempted however I can still perform other functions on the computer at that time.

John

1 GB ram physical memory

Windows XP professional

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your symptoms point to the video card, but that isn't all that is at the low end. Your processor is right at the bottom of the minimum specs, and if you get it working, it will be extremely slow.

http://www.roxio.com/enu/products/creator/...quirements.html

John

1 GB ram physical memory

Windows XP professional

The problem you describe of 0% progress is usually caused by your video card and drivers. To correct it, update to the most current drivers for your video card. If you already have the most current ones, uninstall them, reboot, then reinstall them. That should take care of the 0% progress.

The important thing is to uninstall the current video card driver, reboot, then install the new drivers (even if it's the same ones). This causes EMC 9 to "re-evaluate" your video card when you next open MyDVD or Videowave.