ksamdj

BOOT-up!?

Question

I see that my earlier entry on this topic was removed from the forum. I'm sorry my frustration got in the way of the communication:

After I followed the advice and performed a "clean" install of EMC 9, except for being prompted at every application to register it seemed that all was well. I had to turn of my computer before I went to work due to the severe weather we had here in Texas. When I came back home my computer would not boot up from the off position. I had to hit the panic button which took me to the SAFE MODE then I was able to boot.

Why would this have happened. The only way to get my computer back was to restore to before the Roxio Install. Now the progrm is no longer on my system and I am apprehensive of trying a THIRD install.

Please, I need some help.

5 answers to this question

I see that my earlier entry on this topic was removed from the forum. I'm sorry my frustration got in the way of the communication:

After I followed the advice and performed a "clean" install of EMC 9, except for being prompted at every application to register it seemed that all was well. I had to turn of my computer before I went to work due to the severe weather we had here in Texas. When I came back home my computer would not boot up from the off position. I had to hit the panic button which took me to the SAFE MODE then I was able to boot.

Why would this have happened. The only way to get my computer back was to restore to before the Roxio Install. Now the progrm is no longer on my system and I am apprehensive of trying a THIRD install.

Without more information, it's hard to tell. System specs are a good place to start. Other software may be conflicting with Roxio's Drag to Disc. Do you have Sonic DLA or Nero InCD installed or any other similar software installed? Are all your drivers up to date and firmware as well?

Don't count out the storm you had, as a possible problem, either.

Without more information, it's hard to tell. System specs are a good place to start. Other software may be conflicting with Roxio's Drag to Disc. Do you have Sonic DLA or Nero InCD installed or any other similar software installed? Are all your drivers up to date and firmware as well?

Paul,

Could nero being on the computer pose a real conflict?

Clifton Duncan

Deep In The Heart Of Texas!

[edited to remove e-mail]

Edited by gi7omy

Clifton - never, ever put your e-mail in a post - all it does is get you on spammers' lists

Nero - not per se - just InCD clashes with Drag to Disc (neither of which I'd use as they're the best way to lose data

Many have both Nero and EMC on the same system with no problems other than what Daithi and I have pointed out......Drag to Disc and InCD are packet writing programs and only 1 can live in the same system or they'll be conflicts. Usually, these are blue screen but they act out in other ways too.