• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 19 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Cannot edit .dmss files in SlideShow Assistant

VPJ31

Question

After creating a slide show in SlideShow Assistant, I am unable to add/remove any background music that I had saved on the initial creation of the slideshow.

Steps: I start Media Manager in Easy CD Creator 9, highlight the .dmss file, right click, and select Edit. If I try to add another music track and then save the file, again, I get an error saying "Failed to analyze media file. One or more files may be unsupported or corrupt."

However, if I create a brand new slide show, and add the same music file that, previously, displayed an error, it saves without any issues. There seems to be a bug in the program. Has anyone experienced the same problem, or found a solution for editing an, already saved, SlideShow file? (note: I can add/remove photos without a problem).

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

1 answer to this question

After creating a slide show in SlideShow Assistant, I am unable to add/remove any background music that I had saved on the initial creation of the slideshow.

Steps: I start Media Manager in Easy CD Creator 9, highlight the .dmss file, right click, and select Edit. If I try to add another music track and then save the file, again, I get an error saying "Failed to analyze media file. One or more files may be unsupported or corrupt."

However, if I create a brand new slide show, and add the same music file that, previously, displayed an error, it saves without any issues. There seems to be a bug in the program. Has anyone experienced the same problem, or found a solution for editing an, already saved, SlideShow file? (note: I can add/remove photos without a problem).

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I have seen many folks have problems with the Assistant, so it could be a bug. I never have used the Assistant. I use VideoWave to create my productions. Try building that same production in VideoWave, without using the Assistant, and see if you still have problems. My guess is, you won't.

Archived