• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Topic Locked?

LGLDSR

Question

Why the heck is this Topic Locked:

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?...753&hl=ie+7

Experiencing virtually identical problems to that of Devitor, I went to add my .02 but could not. Hence this Post.

I also am fed up with spending an hour to do what should be a ten minute task. I went through six DVD's today due to system freezes, BSOD's, et al. Six DVD's for a 00:44:00 video!

These issues also beg a broader question: what, if any, issues are there with the other Modules? I do not get a warm and fuzzy feeling at the thought of archiving Images (>50,000) with software that clearly has buggy Code.

As was mentioned, I do hope that your Marketing, QA, and Engineering are monitoring these Threads. This software should still be in Beta; it's functionality is very, very poor.

Hopefully some resolution is forthcoming - NOW. :)

- Lyman

Webmaster

[Not Allowed]

12 answers to this question

I am not ranting. I am frustrated. Personally, I think that Thread was locked because the product was being justifiably slammed.

My background speaks for itself; see my reply to GGRUSSELL.

Mark my words: you're going to be seeing some substantial Patches for this product in short order. From what I have seen there are just far too many issues for a product that is this new.

In any event, onto Nero and/or back to the Mac with it's offerings.

Thumbs down on Creative Suite 9.

Now, lock this Topic. :)

Actually my first instinct was to delete your post. Funny how first instincts are usually correct.

As I mentioned you fail to mention what program you are using or detail any steps you are taking when this occurs.

You have not listed any hardware or anything else that might help. So far all we have to go on is 'my car won't start' but at the same time you assure us that you are an expert

Actually my first instinct was to delete your post. Funny how first instincts are usually correct.

As I mentioned you fail to mention what program you are using or detail any steps you are taking when this occurs.

You have not listed any hardware or anything else that might help. So far all we have to go on is 'my car won't start' but at the same time you assure us that you are an expert

James, he has been in IT for the past 25 years. He doesn't need to list his system specs. :)

The one question I have right now is this: why does EMC 9 import the video from a device such as my Camcorder as a .AVI file?
Because that is the NATIVE format that is recorded on the tape. If you capture in any other format, it takes a lot more CPU power to compress the video on-the-fly.

Sorry, but 25yrs of IT isn't that impressive to us. I owned my first computer in 1974 and learned to program by reading punch cards manually. Others here are engineers and other walks of life, etc. You MAY THINK that you know what is sufficient hardware for this software, but we have more experience in that particular regard. We asked a simple question and you refused to answer it. I bet you wouldn't get much done in your IT job if the users treated you like that.

Whether you believe it or not, the majority of users DO NOT have problems and I'm sure that Sonic/Roxio is trying hard to patch the problem(s) for those who are.

If you really want our help, then all we ask is that you cooperate in answering our questions.

That post had run its course and really did not need any farther additions.

Very few are experiencing the problems you describe and many of us have over 5 months running this product.

You are painting a rant with a very large brush… Have no idea what program or programs within the suite you are even referring to. It would be like one of your clients telling you the web site don't work, fix it!

You short changed us on that .02 cents worth. If you have a problem, we'll need mo information. Whether you want to believe it not, THE MAJORITY of users do not have problems. There is obviously a problem with your hardware OR a software conflict. Post your system specs, which apps you are using and what you are trying to do. Perhaps someone here would have a suggestion.

You short changed us on that .02 cents worth. If you have a problem, we'll need mo information. Whether you want to believe it not, THE MAJORITY of users do not have problems. There is obviously a problem with your hardware OR a software conflict. Post your system specs, which apps you are using and what you are trying to do. Perhaps someone here would have a suggestion.

Thanks. I don't think I've short changed anyone; this should be a brain dead process! Granted, you don't know me from a hole in the wall so what you're asking are legitimate questions.

Main problem has been freezes and some crashing of the O/S (BSOD). The other oddity is that when dumping the video to DVD with 'MYDVD', it appears that all is well. E.g., the program states that it has reached 100% completion, the Disc Tray is open...and the DVD is blank with nothing written. :)

Re hardware: now that we're into 2007 I am entering my 25th year (groan) in IT, which includes Network Administration, System Deployment, Graphics Technologies, and End User Support - from the Administrative Assistant up to and including the CEO of Fortune-500 companies with >90,000 employees. Egads, I go back to the days of the DEC PDP-xx Series. So rather than me write an essay on what I have for hardware, what conflicts might exist and at what level, et al, trust me that I know what I do have should more than suffice. That's all been investigated. With 25 years behind me I would say, if anything, these problems are most likely related to the (alleged) tight security surrounding IE 7.x., which I have just removed. I am finding more and more Threads about IE-7 and EMC 9 just not co-existing well.

If that doesn't resolve it, then obviously there are still other areas that are banging heads with EMC.

The one question I have right now is this: why does EMC 9 import the video from a device such as my Camcorder as a .AVI file?

Thanks, Sir...

That post had run its course and really did not need any farther additions.

Very few are experiencing the problems you describe and many of us have over 5 months running this product.

You are painting a rant with a very large brush… Have no idea what program or programs within the suite you are even referring to. It would be like one of your clients telling you the web site don't work, fix it!

I am not ranting. I am frustrated. Personally, I think that Thread was locked because the product was being justifiably slammed.

Mark my words: you're going to be seeing some substantial Patches for this product in short order. From what I have seen there are just far too many issues for a product that is this new.

Now, lock this Topic. :)

Now, lock this Topic. :D

D-a-m-n, I really did want to see your essay on your computer equipment. :) I was going to tell you why EMC captures as an .avi file, if you did. :huh:

"...In any event, onto Nero and/or back to the Mac with it's offerings....

Well - if you really want Expensive BSD (as opposed to FreeBSD which is, err, free) that's your choice (and your cash)

The thread was locked btw because of far too many 'me too' postings which were NOT the same as the original post. Thery may have been similar but it's always better to start a new thread to avoid cross-answers or total confusion

Now, lock this Topic. :huh:

It's no secret an update, patch or whatever is in the works and it's been stated that one will be available by the time Vista is formally released to the public. Exactly what it will entail is anyone's guess. To post updates is not a bad thing as it shows the engineers are adjusting their product to meet the ever changing demands of new hardware.

And, begging to have this thread lock might get you what you want too! :)

Archived