• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 22 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Feeding Frenzy DRM

cdanteek

"Digital Rights Management is really just an ecosystem for selling our own stuff to us again and again."

"Intel and AMD love it. ATI and nVidia love it. Thomson and Philips and Sony and Matsushita and Samsung and LG love it. Every movie studio, TV network, and record company loves it. The only people who don't love it are consumers, and neither industry nor government really cared much about them, ever."

Article

Well, I had to give in and go from AMD K6-2 400MHz to PIII 1GHz, it was getting too hard to get around the internet.

But I think it'll be a while before I take the Celeron 2.4GHz seriously for anything but burning & scanning.

We'll see - I'm thinking there's Linux in my future in a couple years.

Vista builds on all I DON'T like about WinXP.

Lynn

Wait till Vista has been out for a few months. You haven't begun to see all the repercussions that will come out of that !! In the next couple of years the internet will be completely changed. Either that or it will be out and something else will have taken it's place.

Frank....

Wait till Vista has been out for a few months. You haven't begun to see all the repercussions that will come out of that !! In the next couple of years the internet will be completely changed. Either that or it will be out and something else will have taken it's place.

Frank....

Well, Al Gore had better get busy, then. His invention may bite the dust, so to speak. :):huh::D:D:D:D

I wouldn't laugh so hard! Meg Whitman has been sending letters out to eBay folks for about a year now, over Internet 2. Who will have it and who won't! Guess what one most folks will be able to afford?

Bruce, did Al invent #2 or just #1?

cd

I wouldn't laugh so hard! Meg Whitman has been sending letters out to eBay folks for about a year now, over Internet 2. Who will have it and who won't! Guess what one most folks will be able to afford?

Bruce, did Al invent #2 or just #1?

cd

According to him, he invented all of it. ROFLMAO!

Sounds like an article I read one time in a US magazine where it was claimed that the US invented:

Radar (tell that to the Brits)

Jet engines (Germans and Brits)

Motor cars (Germans)

TV (Brits)

btw - info on the web is here

http://info.cern.ch/

Now - whether it was invented in France or Switzerland sort of depends on what part of the accelerator tunnel Tim Berners-Lee had his office/lab :)

Archived