• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

charlesinsc

Music Cd Problems (err)

Cannot create a music CD-R.

Yes, I’m serious. I am using Windows XP, 4 yr old top of line Dell, writing to a NEC DVD+RW ND-1100A [CD rom] drive. Been trying for 3 months. Thrown away 23 CD-Rs. They play fine in computer but I get “ERR” message in car CD Player and just nothing on my progressive scan DVD player. I close it out to play on all devices. Tried 3 brand name CD-Rs. I follow Roxio Music CD instructions to the tee. Tried using Windows Media Player and when I went to “Burn” (after recording track from my purchased CD to hard drive) I immediately get a message that Windows has incurred a problem it doesn't recognize. I use drive for everything else in the world and have no problems. I updated to Easy CD Creator Version 5.3.5.10. No difference. When I look at the Drive properties, it says it supports CD-R. I feel a little foolish.

You are not going mad! I've had the same problem.

I was trying to use a new Samsung DVD-/+RW drive on my father in laws machine and he couldn't get a audio CD working in his stereo. We tried different media and ECDC5 was updated to the newest version etc. The drive is just too new and probably unsupported by Roxio's now aging V5 software.

In the end I loaded the software that came with the drive, and burned a CD, and it worked flawlessly, so the only advise I can tell you is to upgrade to the newest version or use the software that was bundled with your new DVD player to burn your audio CDs.

Edited by lacehim

Yes, I’m serious. I am using Windows XP, 4 yr old top of line Dell, writing to a NEC DVD+RW ND-1100A [CD rom] drive. Been trying for 3 months. Thrown away 23 CD-Rs. They play fine in computer but I get “ERR” message in car CD Player and just nothing on my progressive scan DVD player. I close it out to play on all devices. Tried 3 brand name CD-Rs. I follow Roxio Music CD instructions to the tee. Tried using Windows Media Player and when I went to “Burn” (after recording track from my purchased CD to hard drive) I immediately get a message that Windows has incurred a problem it doesn't recognize. I use drive for everything else in the world and have no problems. I updated to Easy CD Creator Version 5.3.5.10. No difference. When I look at the Drive properties, it says it supports CD-R. I feel a little foolish.

If you have WinXP SP2, officially ECDC 5 is unsupportesd - Microsoft made a lot of changes with SP2, and they don't work well with ECDC 5.

Since you have the Dell version, if the Dell Patch (see the pinned post at the top of the board) doesn't help, since Dell has modified the ECDC 5 Basic Version, you need to get your support from Dell.

BTW - many car CD players DO NOT support CD-R media.

Lynn

Hi,

There's nothing wrong with using a DVD+RW ND-1100A. That drive has been supported ny ECDC since version 5.3.1.154.

What did catch my eye is your remark "I close it out to play on all devices." I don't recall such an option in the music project of CD Creator. You're not FORMATTING the disc first, are you?

Are you trying to record audio, or are you recording an .MP3 or .WAV file on the disc?

Hi,

There's nothing wrong with using a DVD+RW ND-1100A. That drive has been supported ny ECDC since version 5.3.1.154.

What did catch my eye is your remark "I close it out to play on all devices." I don't recall such an option in the music project of CD Creator. You're not FORMATTING the disc first, are you?

Are you trying to record audio, or are you recording an .MP3 or .WAV file on the disc?

What Brendon is saying is that it sounds like you're using Direct CD to first format your CD, and then you're "dragging and dropping" your files to the CD. That won't make a playable Audio CD. What you're making is a packet written Data CD. Your car and home stereo won't be able to make heads nor tails of it.

You need to start by selecting the "Music CD Project", and a blank (not formatted) disc. Include the files in the project, and click the "burn" button. That will make a true CDDA Audio CD, playable in most any Audio CD player.

Hope that helps!