• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

The Current output device was removed. Error while encoding

jrd

Question

"The current output device was removed. Error while Encoding Movie 1". I am getting this error while trying to create a DVD or crate a slide show. I have updated everything that I know of and tried everything that Roxanne suggested. I have searched the discussion threads to find any tips to try with no success. Any help would be appreciated. Let me know what other information is need to help.

13 answers to this question

ROXIO if you are monitoring, I have IE7 on my VISTA machine and there is now way to take it off I hope you have a project on EMC9 playing nice with IE7.

Good Luck,

Bobby

EMC9 does not as yet support Vista - there should be a patch available AFTER Vista is publicly released

EMC9 does not as yet support Vista - there should be a patch available AFTER Vista is publicly released

I know that's why I have it on the XP machine. I was just stating that IE7 seems to have some issues and when people get there new dells and hp's with VISTA preloaded there is no getting rid of IE7 to make encoding/importing work.

Proactive would be better than waiting on the VISTA release and all the disgruntled users.

Bobby

I, too, have been having similar problems with "device has been removed" after attempting to encode a movie. I'm not running Vista, and I already uninstalled IE7 (because of conflicts with OTHER programs!). I still have Netscape and Firefox, but I can't believe that these are causing any problems.

Can someone at Roxio please help?

--Paula

I have been fighting this and other issues since I updates to EMC9. I have fixed my "output device" error by removing IE7. It sounds crazy, but I was desperate. I have burned 3 slideshows and 2 DVDs to ISO after removing IE7 without incident. I guess I'm a Firefox guy for now.

ROXIO if you are monitoring, I have IE7 on my VISTA machine and there is now way to take it off I hope you have a project on EMC9 playing nice with IE7.

Good Luck,

Bobby

I have just finished downloaded everything that applies to my computer from the DELL downloads and it got rid of this message but now I have Error message 80004005 Error while Enciding movie 1. Any suggestions?

I, too, have been having similar problems with "device has been removed" after attempting to encode a movie. I'm not running Vista, and I already uninstalled IE7 (because of conflicts with OTHER programs!). I still have Netscape and Firefox, but I can't believe that these are causing any problems.

Can someone at Roxio please help?

--Paula

One thing that has helped others with this error is to update the pxengine. You can try that and see if it works for you.

**** PX Engine 3.0

http://images.roxio.com/en/support/pxengine3_00_58a.zip

It's found in KB article here:

http://kb.roxio.com/content/kb/General%20I...mation/000008GN

Hi all,

I'm having the same issue (EMC9). I have been able to use this product mostly ok, except for some other very unusual issues. Product works great, when it works!! I also have all latest updates (windows XP sp2, etc).

Roxio is very little help!

I had this working properly just last night when I burned 3 DVD's without incident.

What's up with this unusual problems?

Poorly tested products or what?!?!

I am usually back and forth actively using IE6 and can't understand the problems.

I don't want to remove IE6. What else would I interface to net with??

Any further advice greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance,

jeff

Hi all,

I'm having the same issue (EMC9). I have been able to use this product mostly ok, except for some other very unusual issues. Product works great, when it works!! I also have all latest updates (windows XP sp2, etc).

Roxio is very little help!

I had this working properly just last night when I burned 3 DVD's without incident.

What's up with this unusual problems?

Poorly tested products or what?!?!

I am usually back and forth actively using IE6 and can't understand the problems.

I don't want to remove IE6. What else would I interface to net with??

Any further advice greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks in advance,

jeff

We have no idea what the "same isue" is? The same as back in Jan 2007 or what? What unusual problems are you referring to? Perhaps if you gave some information, someone could give some advice.

If it worked properly last night then what has changed if its not working tonight.?

Why would you want to remove IE6, that has never been suggested!

Bobby, I am desperate also. For us technology challenged people, what is IE7? Internet Explorer?

IE7 is Internet Explorer 7. That, coupled with Windows Media Player (WMP) 11, has caused problems with Roxio software, as well as other software. I won't have IE7 or WMP 11 on my computers.

"The current output device was removed. Error while Encoding Movie 1". I am getting this error while trying to create a DVD or crate a slide show. I have updated everything that I know of and tried everything that Roxanne suggested. I have searched the discussion threads to find any tips to try with no success. Any help would be appreciated. Let me know what other information is need to help.

I have been fighting this and other issues since I updates to EMC9. I have fixed my "output device" error by removing IE7. It sounds crazy, but I was desperate. I have burned 3 slideshows and 2 DVDs to ISO after removing IE7 without incident. I guess I'm a Firefox guy for now.

Good Luck,

Bobby

Archived