bulldog17

Audio Tag Editor

Question

I ripped a commercial CD that I own to my computer, then tried to edit the tags with Audio Tag Editor. None of my changes were saved - the original tags are still there. Why weren't my changes saved?

4 answers to this question

Two possibilities here

1: The CD may be protected (in which case there's nothing you can do)

2: Did you try setting them in properties (right click on the file and go to properties/summary)?

If 2 won't work - then they're protected

Two possibilities here

1: The CD may be protected (in which case there's nothing you can do)

2: Did you try setting them in properties (right click on the file and go to properties/summary)?

If 2 won't work - then they're protected

Hi - thanks for replying.

According to the songs' Properties (right-click, select Properties) they aren't protected.

I am able to change the tags in Properties. (The changes are saved, and the changed tags display correctly in Audio Tag Editor.)

Which leads me to ask the rhetorical question: If the Audio Tag Editor can't edit tags on non-protected content...why use it?

Have a happy and healthy new year.

I honestly can't answer that (I always set my id3 tags manually through force of habit really) but maybe someone else will know the answer here

Hi - thanks for replying.

According to the songs' Properties (right-click, select Properties) they aren't protected.

I am able to change the tags in Properties. (The changes are saved, and the changed tags display correctly in Audio Tag Editor.)

Which leads me to ask the rhetorical question: If the Audio Tag Editor can't edit tags on non-protected content...why use it?

Have a happy and healthy new year.

Here is the information from the help menu. (V9 tag editor shown).

Edited by sknis