• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Just want to make a DVD from a slideshow

DanL

Question

I have just upgraded from v8 to v9, with a great amount of gratitude to the installation forum how to properly do that. I have a clean install and v9 runs beautifully and a bit faster that v8.

However, I am a bit exasperated in trying to burn a Slideshow to a DVD set of files. It is most probably an operator error and I would very much appreciate any tips on how to do this. Here's what I've tried, receiving the same error in all cases:

1.In Photo/Create slideshow/Burn

2.In Click to DVD/Burn

3.In Video/Quick DVD/Burn

In all 3 cases, I can create the Slideshow, but simply cannot get to the Burn. After about 90 minutes of rendering (and about 70% through the process)I receive a "Runtime error" and I should contact the applications' support. I also get a "Virtual memory" dialogue box telling me to increase it. I then get kicked out of the application with no Burn resulting. I do get the set of DVD files created on my hard drive, however they are not complete.

I have checked the Knowledge Base and found the #000110CR article which I have done, to no avail.

All I want to do is take a Slideshow and make a DVD out of it. Can anyone help out a newbie?

Thanks!

Dan

7 answers to this question

Go straight through the Start – All Programs – Roxio~~ - DVD – VideoWave.

Create your slideshow and save the Project (dmsm)

Open MyDVD and Add Title. Select the VW dmsm project file.

Click Burn but clear the checkmark by your Burner and select Image File (ISO).

If that encodes OK, use Disc Copier to burn that Image file (ISO) to the disc.

Actually this is the "best" way to handle any project, slideshow or movie.

James:

Exact same issue after about 90 minutes of encoding (which was about half way through). Any other ideas?

I'd really appreciate the help!

You should know that early on in this process, I was able to successfully encode and burn a mpeg2 disk, FYI.

I had the same problem until I verified I had most recent video card driver and downloaded DirectX 9 dec2006 (I apparently didn't have this). I can now burn to DVD

Go straight through the Start – All Programs – Roxio~~ - DVD – VideoWave.

Create your slideshow and save the Project (dmsm)

Open MyDVD and Add Title. Select the VW dmsm project file.

Click Burn but clear the checkmark by your Burner and select Image File (ISO).

If that encodes OK, use Disc Copier to burn that Image file (ISO) to the disc.

Actually this is the "best" way to handle any project, slideshow or movie.

Thanks, James, I'll give that a try. I really appreciate the help!!

Dan

I had the same problem until I verified I had most recent video card driver and downloaded DirectX 9 dec2006 (I apparently didn't have this). I can now burn to DVD

Thank you Sherri and James!!

I also downloaded and updated Video Driver and apparently don't have the Directx (whatever that is!<g>) problem.

Then, following James' instructions step by step, but this time I started a complete new project and everything worked like a Swiss Watch!! The only change from the original Project was that I cut the number of pictures in the SlideShow to 400.

Is there some sort of top number of photos limitation in EMC9?

Gratefully,

Dan

Thank you Sherri and James!!

I also downloaded and updated Video Driver and apparently don't have the Directx (whatever that is!<g>) problem.

DirectX is a Microsoft API for video work - you can download it from here (always best to have the latest incarnation)

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

Thanks, James, I'll give that a try. I really appreciate the help!!

Dan

James:

Exact same issue after about 90 minutes of encoding (which was about half way through). Any other ideas?

I'd really appreciate the help!

You should know that early on in this process, I was able to successfully encode and burn a mpeg2 disk, FYI.

Archived