• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 22 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

program froze when cliked burn dvd

Sherri

Question

I finaly successfully created a dvd....clicked burn and got no indication of anything. Checked ctl/alt/del....program was not responding. had to end task.

My Memorex dvd burner and hard drive and video card are all newly installed to my system (burner & hard drive just yesterday by Circuit City) I assume drivers all up to date. (I ran windows update today).

What is my problem now? I am under a very tight timeline with this project

HELP!

2 answers to this question

Even though the video card may be newly installed, it doesn't mean the drivers are current.

In a lot of cases the graphics cards are made by third party firms using the ATI or nVidia chipset and the drivers they use may date back quite a few months.

Add to that the length of time the card may have been on the shelf in the wholesalers, the retailers and you start to get some idea

Go to the ATI or nVidia site (depending on your card) and download the latest drivers from there. Also get the latest (December '06) release of DirectX9 from MS and install that

Even though the video card may be newly installed, it doesn't mean the drivers are current.

In a lot of cases the graphics cards are made by third party firms using the ATI or nVidia chipset and the drivers they use may date back quite a few months.

Add to that the length of time the card may have been on the shelf in the wholesalers, the retailers and you start to get some idea

Go to the ATI or nVidia site (depending on your card) and download the latest drivers from there. Also get the latest (December '06) release of DirectX9 from MS and install that

Updated drivers yesterday, with no change. I will check on DirectX9 this morning. thanks.

Dell support gave up on me.

Archived