• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

End of File Error - Code 10003

plee

Question

11 answers to this question

OK all, I don't think this is an NTFS issue. Will look into it deeprer, but in general, I think it is an issue with audio being longer than video on a clip. could also be related to audio being longer than video in motion menus. try importing audio that is a bit shorter than video and see if it is happening on those long video pieces.

OK all, I don't think this is an NTFS issue. Will look into it deeprer, but in general, I think it is an issue with audio being longer than video on a clip. could also be related to audio being longer than video in motion menus. try importing audio that is a bit shorter than video and see if it is happening on those long video pieces.
I have 6 HDD's, all NTFS, all with plenty of room to spare, mine gets this error while transcoding a clip with no audio so that can't be the problem!

I have exactly the same problem, can't do anything over 4Gb. So far Roxio says that it must be my set up, but can't pinpoint the exact issue.

Hmm... I've remember some sort of fix from Microsoft on that file size limitation, can't remember if it was a service pack or we have to convert to NTFS? I think I will try to convert to NTFS tonight. Do you have a ticket open?

maybe a silly question, but your hard drive is NTFS and not FAT32 isn't it?

I just edit my previous post...I think it's FAT32 which could be the problem.

Edit:

Nope, just got home and checked, drive is NTFS... So back to square 1. :)

Finally, had some time to play with this some more. I have isolated the clip that seems to causes the "eof" problem. Tried to re-encode the file still had the same problem, so I tried "demuxing" the file and created a new project, just dropped the video and audio in, did a "burn volume and it worked NO ERRORS! :huh: (That's how I found the clip causing the problem, just create a volume for each) However, when I imported the video and audio files to my main project , then do a "burn volume", it came up with EOF error.... :)

Has anybody gotten this error? I have about 3 clips, non confirming (don't know if this is the issue) but from a previous message about Premiere creating mpgs that seem work, I went ahead and tried. :)

I have exactly the same problem, can't do anything over 4Gb. So far Roxio says that it must be my set up, but can't pinpoint the exact issue.

Paul, did you sort this out? was it the formatting of the hard drive?

There have been a few reports of this in the field. all seem to be on systems with RAIDs/lots of hard drives. Numerous other users are having no problem creating 20 GB + discs. Just had one user on the Blu-ray forum solve the 4 GB issue by switching his content to the root level of his "I" drive. Bottom line is that we need to find the similarities among the effected systems so we can solve the issue.

Haven't tried with my "big" project lately, but I will try again.

Here's my drive setup:

C:\Output -> Where my output goes (NTFS 80 gb IDE drive)

D:\ -> BluRay burner

E:\ -> USB external drive with my video files. (NTFS 160 gb IDE drive)

Edit:

I will try just "C:\" as one user has tried.

I just tried my 1st project and got this error!

did it while converting a 10 second 25fps clip with no audio to 29.9fps for an NTSC project (blu-ray)

it converted 3 2 hour videos wothout problem so took all night and bombed out on this!!!

Paul, did you sort this out? was it the formatting of the hard drive?

There have been a few reports of this in the field. all seem to be on systems with RAIDs/lots of hard drives. Numerous other users are having no problem creating 20 GB + discs. Just had one user on the Blu-ray forum solve the 4 GB issue by switching his content to the root level of his "I" drive. Bottom line is that we need to find the similarities among the effected systems so we can solve the issue.

Haven't tried with my "big" project lately, but I will try again.

Here's my drive setup:

C:\Output -> Where my output goes (NTFS 80 gb IDE drive)

D:\ -> BluRay burner

E:\ -> USB external drive with my video files. (NTFS 160 gb IDE drive)

Edit:

I will try just "C:\" as one user has tried.

Archived