COMPATABILITY

GUARDIANANGEL

I HAVE BOTH CD-RW & DVD-ROM BUT MY BURN MENU TELLS ME WHEN I PUT IN A BLANK DVD-R DISK THAT MY DRIVES ARE INCOMPATABLE. WHAT TYPE OF DRIVES SHOULD I PURCHASE TO BE COMPATIBLE WITH MY ROXIO CREATOR 7 VERSION. I HAVE A DELL 2400. PLEASE REPLY WITHIN DISCUSSION OR REPLY TO JHASKINS75@COMCAST.NET THANK YOU, JOHN [ GUARDIANANGEL ]

I HAVE BOTH CD-RW & DVD-ROM BUT MY BURN MENU TELLS ME WHEN I PUT IN A BLANK DVD-R DISK THAT MY DRIVES ARE INCOMPATABLE. WHAT TYPE OF DRIVES SHOULD I PURCHASE TO BE COMPATIBLE WITH MY ROXIO CREATOR 7 VERSION. I HAVE A DELL 2400. PLEASE REPLY WITHIN DISCUSSION OR REPLY TO JHASKINS75@COMCAST.NET THANK YOU, JOHN [ GUARDIANANGEL ]

A DVD ROM only READS DVDS. You need a DVD RW drive to write DVDs.

( You're the second person who has posted that they thought they could write DVDs on their Dell which only had a DVD ROM. You might want to confirm with Dell that you got what you ordered.)

You might want to edit your post to remove the email address if it isn't aleady too late - these are public Forums, searched by google and other search engines, which in turn are searched by spammers seeking to "harverst" addresses for spamming purposes.

Lynn

Archived