• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Can't Update From 7.5.0.47 To 7.5.2.49

nobody

Question

I have the retail version of 7.5.0.47 and have downloaded the upgrade to 7.5.2.49 but when I try to install it tells me I either do not have the program on my PC or am using the wrong patch. I absolutely have 7.5 retail on my pc and am using the proper patch. When I check in help>about in any module it says its currently at 7.5.0.47

8 answers to this question

I have the retail version of 7.5.0.47 and have downloaded the upgrade to 7.5.2.49 but when I try to install it tells me I either do not have the program on my PC or am using the wrong patch. I absolutely have 7.5 retail on my pc and am using the proper patch. When I check in help>about in any module it says its currently at 7.5.0.47

If the above is true something is broke or corrupted! First try and run a repair from your 7.5

retail disc, in add remove programs, change. See if that fix's the confusion, if not a uninstall and reinstall

might be the fix!

cd

Before you try cd's suggestion (which is a good one BTW), you might want to make sure everything is working right in the previous version first. Are you having any problems running any of the programs in the earlier version ?? (7.5.0.47). If that's runing O.K. and the repair doesn't work then you might try un-installing the earlier version and if that's successful, then try doing the update again. If the earlier retail version installed all O.K. there should be no reason why the update won't install O.K. also.

Frank...

Before you try cd's suggestion (which is a good one BTW), you might want to make sure everything is working right in the previous version first. Are you having any problems running any of the programs in the earlier version ?? (7.5.0.47). If that's runing O.K. and the repair doesn't work then you might try un-installing the earlier version and if that's successful, then try doing the update again. If the earlier retail version installed all O.K. there should be no reason why the update won't install O.K. also.

Frank...

Frank...

I have a similer problem except when trying to install from the download I get--The feature I'm trying to use

is on a network resource that is unavailable which is really baffleing since the download is in My Documents folder. I think this is Roxio's way of saying buy EMC Creator 9

When you downloaded the update for your 7.5 what was the file name ? I still have the update on my computer and this is what mine says: Update_Retail_EFGJ_7_5_2_49.exe and the file size was 17,002 KB. Are you sure you downloaded the proper update file ? There was only one update for 7.5 and it was only for the Retail Program.

Frank...

When you downloaded the update for your 7.5 what was the file name ? I still have the update on my computer and this is what mine says: Update_Retail_EFGJ_7_5_2_49.exe and the file size was 17,002 KB. Are you sure you downloaded the proper update file ? There was only one update for 7.5 and it was only for the Retail Program.

Frank...

Yes that is the exact file. It just doesn't recognize I have the program installed. Should I try reinstalling everything?

Archived