• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

slideshows to dvd production question

Sherri

Question

I am creating a DVD for my uncle's 60th b/day.

I would like one continuous film to play.

Can I create separate slideshows and combine on the dvd to play as one show?

Also I can pan & zoom in videowave now, and can preview it. However, when I play the show, the pan/zoom does not seem to have been applied.

Do I create slideshows first, then add to create dvd? or do I have to begin to make the dvd, and create the slideshows within it?

Can I add a slide between sections, like the old silent films into the slideshow? ie: "he used to be called..."

HELP needed urgently! :)

3 answers to this question

Going back and forth with the 'slideshow wizard' can get complicated. I much prefer just using Videowave. You can just as easily add a group of photo and add a transition theme like in the wizard. You have much more flexibility in Videowave with adding color panels and text. DO ALL of your editing within Videowave and then use MyDVD to create the menu and disc.

Are you applying Pan/zoom to a still image? Sometimes the pan/zoom can be very subtle and not very noticeable in the preview. Apply the pan/zoom manually for more dramatic movement. Just don't got too crazy with it. Make the viewers head spin. :)

Going back and forth with the 'slideshow wizard' can get complicated. I much prefer just using Videowave. You can just as easily add a group of photo and add a transition theme like in the wizard. You have much more flexibility in Videowave with adding color panels and text. DO ALL of your editing within Videowave and then use MyDVD to create the menu and disc.

Are you applying Pan/zoom to a still image? Sometimes the pan/zoom can be very subtle and not very noticeable in the preview. Apply the pan/zoom manually for more dramatic movement. Just don't got too crazy with it. Make the viewers head spin. :)

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE RESPONSE!

I am finding videowave easier. All I have are photos.

I realy fell in love with version 7's motion pictures feature which allowed for multiple points of zoom. I can't seem to do that in ver 9.

With pan & zoom.....how can I leave the distance/begining stay a little longer? I have high school team photos I would like the audience to be able to read the heading before zooming in.

To do that, you need to use the ADVANCED pan/zoom with keyframes. The yellow bar at the bottom represents the ENTIRE length of that ONE slide. Keep that in mind. In my example, the image stays for 3 seconds. Zooms to the far left and then pans to far right. You only need 4 keyframes: Start, where to start zoom, where to stop zoom, and the end.

Hope this helps

post-49-1167799043.jpg

post-49-1167799055.jpg

post-49-1167799061.jpg

Archived