• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Video Wave 9 Output Computer Crash madness

IamMadaboutmysoftware

Question

Here is my issue:

I love video editing, so naturally I like to use my new videowave software for videowave 9. The only problem is, when I ATTEMPT to output my file into anything else, mpeg 4 (for ipod), or anything really, it just hangs up and says "0 %". I've even left it for about about an hour, and came back to find no results. My computer is only about 3-4 months old. It's the new Windows XPS, and is very fast, and most software works without a problem. Help me!! I just want to output my files and I am getting frustrated. :)

4 answers to this question

What graphics adaptor are you using? Some Dells used Intel onboard graphics that just can't handle Direct3D.

In other cases (nVidia and ATI cards) downloading the updated drivers from the CARD maker's site has helped

Here is my issue:

I love video editing, so naturally I like to use my new videowave software for videowave 9. The only problem is, when I ATTEMPT to output my file into anything else, mpeg 4 (for ipod), or anything really, it just hangs up and says "0 %". I've even left it for about about an hour, and came back to find no results. My computer is only about 3-4 months old. It's the new Windows XPS, and is very fast, and most software works without a problem. Help me!! I just want to output my files and I am getting frustrated. :)

The problem you describe of 0% progress is usually caused by your video card and drivers. To correct it, update to the most current drivers for your video card. If you already have the most current ones, uninstall them, reboot, then reinstall them. That should take care of the 0% progress.

The important thing is to uninstall the current video card driver, reboot, then install the new drivers (even if it's the same ones). This causes EMC 9 to "re-evaluate" your video card when you next open MyDVD or Videowave.

The problem you describe of 0% progress is usually caused by your video card and drivers. To correct it, update to the most current drivers for your video card. If you already have the most current ones, uninstall them, reboot, then reinstall them. That should take care of the 0% progress.

The important thing is to uninstall the current video card driver, reboot, then install the new drivers (even if it's the same ones). This causes EMC 9 to "re-evaluate" your video card when you next open MyDVD or Videowave.

Thanks! I'll see if it works. We considered that, but we didn't want to do anything with our video cards until we were absoultely sure.

Archived