• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 24 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

what is mpeg 4 format?

Sherri

Question

I need to add a song : Ballad of Davy Crockett (yes the old Disney show) to my videowave project.

it is apparantly in mpeg4 format. What can be done to get this in the proper format?

I downloaded another version of the song, different artist etc. same format: mpeg 4

What is up with this? This song is critical to this project due 1-5-07 ARGH :)

13 answers to this question

I think iTunes is mpeg4 format but don't know for sure.

You may have to burn to disc first then rip the file to your hard drive in mp3 format to use the file. It might be copy protected and not allow you to use it in it's downloaded form.

OK Thanks

How do I rip to hard drive in mp3 format?

Couple of ways to do this but I'll mention one. Fire up Music Disc Creator, pop in your cd into your drive and click on 'import from cd/dvd'. Select the song or songs you want, click Add then choose the format you want and the location where you want the exported files saved. That's it.

Normally, Itune or Quick time player should read the MP4 format, may be you do not have the right codecs

I have download the ffdshow (http://www.clubic.com/telecharger-fiche11020-ffdshow.html) and for myself it work very well with Roxio EMC 9 and all other players including Microsoft media player wich would not play mp4 and mpeg-4 files before that

I have had the same problem when I bought songs on ITune

Here is how I solve it;

Play your song with Media player or any similar program

Open Roxio Easy Audio capture

In Capture from, choose Back line /Mic/ front line

In Input, choose Stereo mix, you will see the little left/right recording levels moving

In Capture setting, choose Wav

Save in where you want

Click record (you will have to syncronize the beginning of the song with the click on the record button)

Hope it will be usefull for you

I think iTunes is mpeg4 format but don't know for sure.

You may have to burn to disc first then rip the file to your hard drive in mp3 format to use the file. It might be copy protected and not allow you to use it in it's downloaded form.

OK Thanks

How do I rip to hard drive in mp3 format?

I need to add a song : Ballad of Davy Crockett (yes the old Disney show) to my videowave project.

it is apparantly in mpeg4 format. What can be done to get this in the proper format?

I downloaded another version of the song, different artist etc. same format: mpeg 4

What is up with this? This song is critical to this project due 1-5-07 ARGH :)

Mpeg4 is not an audio format but a "standard used primarily to compress audio and video (AV) digital data.", it is also known as DivX. I don't know what kind of file you have if its "only audio"

I have had the same problem when I bought songs on ITune

Here is how I solve it;

Play your song with Media player or any similar program

Open Roxio Easy Audio capture

In Capture from, choose Back line /Mic/ front line

In Input, choose Stereo mix, you will see the little left/right recording levels moving

In Capture setting, choose Wav

Save in where you want

Click record (you will have to syncronize the beginning of the song with the click on the record button)

Hope it will be usefull for you

Depending on the sound card the user has, especially with many onboard audio systems, this may not work as you describe it.

Archived