sheabo35

Why Does MyDVD Re-encode for DL DVD+R

Question

When I only need to edit out commercials, I frequently use VideoReDo and output the file as an MPEG2.

I then open it in MyDVD, change the background and sometimes the audio, then burn an ISO.

If I'm burning a single layer DVD-R, it doesn't re-encode, but if I'm burning a DL DVD+R it does. Now when it first appears in the burn phase, it reads that it's set for DVD-R so I change it to +R.

I guess my question really is, where do I originally set what form the output should be before I'm ready to burn so it doesn't re-encode? I'll be switching back and forth between -R and +R and when I'm finished my stack of DL DVD+R I'll buy some -R

Thanks for any help

Tim

Edited by sheabo35

1 answer to this question

When I only need to edit out commercials, I frequently use VideoReDo and output the file as an MPEG2.

I then open it in MyDVD, change the background and sometimes the audio, then burn an ISO.

If I'm burning a single layer DVD-R, it doesn't re-encode, but if I'm burning a DL DVD+R it does. Now when it first appears in the burn phase, it reads that it's set for DVD-R so I change it to +R.

I guess my question really is, where do I originally set what form the output should be before I'm ready to burn so it doesn't re-encode? I'll be switching back and forth between -R and +R and when I'm finished my stack of DL DVD+R I'll buy some -R

Thanks for any help

Tim

Haven't done many DL's but when I did, I set disc size in MyDVD to DL and in Disc Copier as well. I did not recall it recoding. Could it be the audio added that is causing a recode? Sounds strange but I'm not sure why this happens to you.