Error 80004005 when creating DVD

doggone-one

Question

Hi everyone,

This is my first post on this forum. I recently upgraded to MC9 from version 6 of MyDVD. All in all it is a great improvement. However, my only problem is DVD creation. I am receiving an error 80004005. I have read the numerous other posts on the forum and have tried reinstalling my video drivers and have even tried the specific hotfix patch for the 80004005 error. But to no avail.

The project validates OK and I can preview the whole project using MyDVD it's just when you wish to burn the project I receive this error. I have also tried to create an ISO image and to create a folder set but with exactly the same results.

My system comprises of the following:

P4 3.0Ghz processor

Win XP SP2

1GB RAM

Matrox Parhelia 256MB AGP video card

Creative Audigy2 sound card

All of the media components seem to me to meet the requirements of the program.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Tom

4 answers to this question

Hi everyone,

This is my first post on this forum. I recently upgraded to MC9 from version 6 of MyDVD. All in all it is a great improvement. However, my only problem is DVD creation. I am receiving an error 80004005. I have read the numerous other posts on the forum and have tried reinstalling my video drivers and have even tried the specific hotfix patch for the 80004005 error. But to no avail.

The project validates OK and I can preview the whole project using MyDVD it's just when you wish to burn the project I receive this error. I have also tried to create an ISO image and to create a folder set but with exactly the same results.

My system comprises of the following:

P4 3.0Ghz processor

Win XP SP2

1GB RAM

Matrox Parhelia 256MB AGP video card

Creative Audigy2 sound card

All of the media components seem to me to meet the requirements of the program.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Tom

If you've tried everything I'm not sure what I can suggest but I am curious as to what 'brand' of computer you have. Or, is this one you built or had built? I do have a personal reason for asking this but would rather go into that here.

If you've tried everything I'm not sure what I can suggest but I am curious as to what 'brand' of computer you have. Or, is this one you built or had built? I do have a personal reason for asking this but would rather go into that here.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for reading my post. With regard to my computer it was one I had built for me. I'm a freelance graphic artist and needed a machine that could do certain tasks efficiently. However, it is about 2 years old now so is probably obsolete :)

I may try installing the software on my Sony Vaio Laptop and see if I can get it to compile the DVD I have created. All the other functions of the suite seem to work fine except the DVD burning. Let's hope I or someone else finds a solution.

Best regards,

Tom

Hi Paul,

Thanks for reading my post. With regard to my computer it was one I had built for me. I'm a freelance graphic artist and needed a machine that could do certain tasks efficiently. However, it is about 2 years old now so is probably obsolete :)

I may try installing the software on my Sony Vaio Laptop and see if I can get it to compile the DVD I have created. All the other functions of the suite seem to work fine except the DVD burning. Let's hope I or someone else finds a solution.

Best regards,

Tom

Tom, you may or may not want to try what's suggested in this sticky note for v8. Read the added info at the bottom since this was made for v8 as it may cause trouble in 9 for some.

Tom, you may or may not want to try what's suggested in this sticky note for v8. Read the added info at the bottom since this was made for v8 as it may cause trouble in 9 for some.

Thanks Paul,

My next task is to try to install the software on my laptop and then I also have my yearly re-install of Windows coming up so I will see what happens on a clean vanilla system.

Regards,

Tom

Archived