• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Changing sections of background music?

Sherri

Question

I have a videowave progect that is almost complete.

I am waiting for 1 particular song which may not arrive in time.

I want to set up the project to have an alternate song in its place...just in case.

The songs after this early song will have been trimmed & edited to fit the show.

Can I simply replace a single song, or do I have to delete all the songs following the replaced section and rebuild from scratch? If so HOW? :)

9 answers to this question

I am new so I may not be doing this forum thing right, but I want to know if we can add audio after a native track without dragging the song through 24 minutes of video? :huh:

If I might step in here GPB, I think I can guess what the OP is asking

You cannot add audio to a native audio track. You can add music to the other audio tracks (like music, sound effects, narration). Use the slide above the video track to compress the view from what ever you have to something that is convenient to you. There is no known way of adding a piece of music to a track where there are no previous cuts. You can only drag it to the place you want it. This was possible in earlier versions but Roxio "improved" that out. Perhaps at a later date? :)

"....so you just need to edit and move things around a bit."

Thanks Steve for adding the attachment. I was just getting to generic in my explanation. Pictures say a thousand words ! I guess what I was thinking and not explaining better was when you place audio files on a different track you have to "move" the other audio files around to make them fit back where you want them again.

Frank...

Open another audio track. Drag that song to the right place and trim as needed. BTW. clear your proxy files after you do this; some people hear ghost music form the proxy files. They will be rebuilt almost immediately.

THANK YOU

but....idiot here,

Where are proxy files and how do I get rid of them?

Thanks,

What have I done wrong then.....I can delete a section fine, but when I add a song, the program places it at the end of the production, not where I put the timeline cursor.

Open another audio track. Drag that song to the right place and trim as needed. BTW. clear your proxy files after you do this; some people hear ghost music form the proxy files. They will be rebuilt almost immediately.

As far as I know you can just delete the first audio file and replace it with another one. However be careful as when you delete the first one any other audio files may not fit exactly where you wanted them to regarding the photos or slides you have and the first audio file and the second one might be a total fifferent time so you just need to edit and move things around a bit.

To delete an audio file in Videowave, just make sure you are in the "Timeline" view, highlight the file and right click on it and click on delete. Adding, deleting or editing audio files in Videowave is a snap. You can also place the audio files in the Sound Editor program and edit them there too and then bring them into Videowave.

Frank...

As far as I know you can just delete the first audio file and replace it with another one. However be careful as when you delete the first one any other audio files may not fit exactly where you wanted them to regarding the photos or slides you have and the first audio file and the second one might be a total fifferent time so you just need to edit and move things around a bit.

To delete an audio file in Videowave, just make sure you are in the "Timeline" view, highlight the file and right click on it and click on delete. Adding, deleting or editing audio files in Videowave is a snap. You can also place the audio files in the Sound Editor program and edit them there too and then bring them into Videowave.

Frank...

Thanks,

What have I done wrong then.....I can delete a section fine, but when I add a song, the program places it at the end of the production, not where I put the timeline cursor.

Thanks,

I am new so I may not be doing this forum thing right, but I want to know if we can add audio after a native track without dragging the song through 24 minutes of video? :)

Archived