d) ejected cd

e) inserted again cd

e) checked with windows explorer - no files on cd - shows blan cd

--> tried twice with the same results

2) from program

a) selected DATA

:huh: selectd data disc

c) using add data - added files and folders

d) from options - selected option 2 - "i only need this disc for one recording "

e) burn the disc

f) eject disc

g) inserted again cd

h) checked with windows explorer - no files on cd - shows blan cd

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

7 answers to this question

Sounds more like a burner issue, the drive is not refreshing. Check for a firmware update for that drive!

In the "2)" list I don't have any idea what you were doing as none of that is present in D2D???

Thank you James for your reply. Now to my problem

1) It is not a hardware problem. I have 3 boot partition on the same machine using the same burner. One has version 9, other verson 8 and the third version 7. I have no problem with burning using version 7 or 8. Before installing version 9, I was using version 8. s soon I installed version 9 I started having problems.

I have an external dvd/cd burner. I tried on that also, with the same results.

2) This is nothing to do with d2d. I tried different way as follows:

start-> program -> easy media creator -> data --> data disc

3) I tried also on Cd-rw. I lost 3 cd-rws as they are no longer usable !!

Hope this helps.

Any advise?

thanks

I have had the same problem on two different machines. Not only is the data no longer there, the disk itself is often unrecognizable to the machine. What's more, the program seems to slow the computer to a crawl and opening the cd RW drive can take forever.

I think I had enough with Roxio. We are a group of 8 people who try to use the same softeware. Unfortunately we are tired of using something that does not work.

I posted the same question to technical support and almost after a month their response was to open a new ticket !! What a joke.

I am planning to switch to Nero. I have tried it during the past week and am quite pleased. If any one has a better suggestion, I'll love to hear.

Thanks

What you might try is using Creator Classic instead of D2D.If you want to keep adding files then make a multiple sessions disc.

I'd think the problem is in the ejecting and the way the disc is being closed.I don't have D2D installed so I can't check.Maybe James will see this and let us know.He's very good with D2D.

Thank you for your suggestions

_ I have already done repair and even remove the entire program and re-install, but with the same result.

- 3 partitions are not on the same drive and hence there is no interferrence. They ar physically 3 differnt drives.

I have had the same problem on two different machines. Not only is the data no longer there, the disk itself is often unrecognizable to the machine. What's more, the program seems to slow the computer to a crawl and opening the cd RW drive can take forever.

I have mentioned the only solution that fits the problem. Only other one I can recommend is to run a Repair from Add/Remove Programs.

I have never been a fan of multiple boot partitions in that they tend to rackup problems that defy solutions…

Thank you for your suggestions

_ I have already done repair and even remove the entire program and re-install, but with the same result.

- 3 partitions are not on the same drive and hence there is no interferrence. They ar physically 3 differnt drives.

Archived