• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

BackUpMyPC asking for a password?

EricTheOrange

Question

4 answers to this question

As far as I can tell, BUMP requires that you use a password to login to your windows session for automated backups. If you don't have a password to log on as admin, it wants you to start using one. I have tried multiple time to get around that option.

What you could do is create a new user account with admin rights that uses a password and give it that user and password. Then use it only for backups.

I just installed BackUpMyPC 2006. I'm trying to schedule backups. After picking the day and time it asks me for my password. I didn't know I had a password. I tried all the passwords I can think of and I keep getting denied.

So what do I do???

I just contacted Tech Support about this issue. The previous writer is correct. Back Up MyPC requires a windows logon password to operate within task scheduler. Once this is created (I asked them to mark this as a bug, as single user computer users find this a hassle to have to use a password) the program seems to work fine.

I know this post is a little old but FYI you can disable the requirement of a password for scheduled tasks in windows. I dont think Stomp could do much about it as its a windows setting...

(In XP Prof.)

Start > Settings > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Local Security Policy > Security Options > Accounts: Limit local account use of blank password to console logon only [DISABLE]

Hope this helps someone :)

I know this post is a little old but FYI you can disable the requirement of a password for scheduled tasks in windows. I dont think Stomp could do much about it as its a windows setting...

(In XP Prof.)

Start > Settings > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Local Security Policy > Security Options > Accounts: Limit local account use of blank password to console logon only [DISABLE]

Hope this helps someone :)

The password requirement has nothing to do with XP. It is a requirement of the scheduler for Backup MYPC. I have no password for XP, but to schedule a backup, it requires a password used by BUMP, which wants tom use a password to log on to XP no matter whether one is required or not.

Archived