Busy Network After EMC 9 Install

barryware

Question

Any one know why my network is so busy after installing EMC9? Also, the wireless speed (802.11G) is no longer rock solid at 54mbs. This just started after the install of the suite. I realize that there could be other things effecting the connection but if I set a laptop next the this computer, the laptop wireless connection is indeed solid as the computer in question used to be prior to the install.

I see that there are a bunch of Roxio services running. I have disabled the folder watch but I seem to be having all kinds of problems with the suite so as I trouble shoot things, I don't want to just stop services that I don't know what they do.

Is there anywhere to get "Technical" information about what gets installed with the suite and what these several services do?

I have opened a support ticket about a few other issues and I don't seem to get any response from Roxio / Sonic support.

They must be mad at me.

1 answer to this question

Any one know why my network is so busy after installing EMC9? Also, the wireless speed (802.11G) is no longer rock solid at 54mbs. This just started after the install of the suite. I realize that there could be other things effecting the connection but if I set a laptop next the this computer, the laptop wireless connection is indeed solid as the computer in question used to be prior to the install.

I see that there are a bunch of Roxio services running. I have disabled the folder watch but I seem to be having all kinds of problems with the suite so as I trouble shoot things, I don't want to just stop services that I don't know what they do.

Is there anywhere to get "Technical" information about what gets installed with the suite and what these several services do?

I have opened a support ticket about a few other issues and I don't seem to get any response from Roxio / Sonic support.

They must be mad at me.

Gee. Now I see that my own situation is not uncommon, and I'm not alone. I have a web-ticket for which I've been awaiting a response for some two weeks.

I'm comparing the Roxio product loosely with the two versions of IOLO's System Mechanic I use on my machines. They both add boot-time processes or services that I would rather choose to install from a menu, or toggle on and off as needed. "Disk Watcher? We don' need no stinkeen disk Watchers!"

Archived