Printer Calibration Issue

Normandg

Question

I have a minor issue I can not resolve. I have selected to calibrate my Canon S630 printer. The circle prints with no problem. I put the sheet back in the printer for the second run. The numbers print and here is where I have a problem. The numbers hit the circle on the left and right. However the numbers DO NOT touch the circle on either the top or bottom. Any suggestions?

Norman

10 answers to this question

Okay... now I remember the issue I had with my Epson R220 in 9, it only printed a quarter of the circle, and I never pursued it. I did today. I had the printer defaults set to 4x6 paper. Once I changed it to 8 1/2" x 11" paper, it printed properly, and no problems aligning it. I also ran it on the Phaser 850, and it aligned correctly now. So, I'd obviously given up too easily.

I have the same problem with my epson R 380. I have changed printer preferences to DVD/CD in the Source and Type fields. The Size Field automatically selects A4 and gives no other options. I then go to the label creator Print Window and select Print to CD. The paper type field does not give any options for CD. Only paper types. It then prints on the upper left quarter of the CD (as your looking down at the tray)and the tray itself. After ruining several CDs, I now export the disk label as an image and use the Epson print CD tool that comes with the printer.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I'll have to try it again as I may be thinking about what happened in V8, so I may not have even tried in 9.

Okay... now I remember the issue I had with my Epson R220 in 9, it only printed a quarter of the circle, and I never pursued it. I did today. I had the printer defaults set to 4x6 paper. Once I changed it to 8 1/2" x 11" paper, it printed properly, and no problems aligning it. I also ran it on the Phaser 850, and it aligned correctly now. So, I'd obviously given up too easily.

Sounds like you didn't insert it the correct way the second time.

Actually, I believe the OP. I've had the same problem with my Xerox/Tektronix Phaser 850 printer, a Canon BJC6000 printer, an Epson 880, and even my Epson R220, and didn't find a solution. At this point, I print directly to disc using the utility that came with the Epson R220, which works quite well.

Calibration works quite well on my Epson 1280 and Sharp Copier/printer. In fact, I like it much better than how V8 did it. I don't understand why it wouldn't work correctly with any printer.

I'll have to try it again as I may be thinking about what happened in V8, so I may not have even tried in 9.

I have the exact same problem with HP895C with V9. Didn't have this problem with V8, although agree that it was somewhat putsy to calibrate. And yes, my defaults are set to 81/2x11 (letter).

Please post if anyone knows a solution.

Bob

Which "exact same problem" are you referring to, the one where only a quarter circle was printed, or the one where the circle and the letters don't touch? Sorry, but on a forum like this, you need to be perfectly clear as to your references.

I have an HP PSC 2355 All-In-One printer and I have not been successful in calibrating when trying to print a selected style disc label using version 9. When I go through the alignment process it seems to be okay but when I print the real disc label I get some white edges on the outside of the disc and around the part of the center circle. I also have problems trying to find enough space to print the song titles. I've tried moving them on both sides of the center circle but I still seem to end up losing some text either around the center of the disc or on the edge. It has improved over version 8 but it needs a lot more work, or they need better help wizards.

I have an HP PSC 2355 All-In-One printer and I have not been successful in calibrating when trying to print a selected style disc label using version 9. When I go through the alignment process it seems to be okay but when I print the real disc label I get some white edges on the outside of the disc and around the part of the center circle. I also have problems trying to find enough space to print the song titles. I've tried moving them on both sides of the center circle but I still seem to end up losing some text either around the center of the disc or on the edge. It has improved over version 8 but it needs a lot more work, or they need better help wizards.

Even after you do the alignment, when you go to print your label, you can click the "Preferences" button and do some "fine tuning" to get a better print alignment, if that's a problem, or adjust the "Overprint/Bleeding".

Personally, I gave up on printing the track titles on my audio discs years ago when it became obvious that I'd never be able to read them when the disc is playing, even with a clear cover on the player. You just can't do it like you can with an old 33 1/3 RPM LP. But, I use standard CD Cases too, and the track list is there, which I find more convenient.

Archived