Rotation and rendering a MOV clip from digital camera

AlbertS

Question

First of all it was pretty stupid of me to rotate the camera when taking a video. I am new to the media creating software so please bear with me. I found out how to rotate the clip on the Roxio website using a colorband and overlaying the video and then rotating it, seems to work fine BUT.... the rendered video is double (probably to fill up the 4:3 format and it is all static and purple colors, not clear like the original. What settings do I change to get rid of the double image (or hide it) and to clear the video up. I tried using Roxanne but none of the topics would fit my dilema. Hope someone can help me, Thanks

7 answers to this question

Try this. I have never heard of your video problem before but there is sometimes "ghost" music that shows up. Open your project and the go to the top menu. Select tools>options and then delete the proxy files. They are rebuilt but it may take a minute or two. Try again.

If that doesn't solve your problem, open your internal tracks to check that you haven't added that video twice; once to the internal and once to the external track of that color panel.

I was also foolish enough to turn my camera on it's side. My XP installation includes microsofts 'Windows Movie Maker'. I have been able to rotate the video by simply adding it to a new production in WMM (import video) and using the video effect 'rotate 90'. I then saved the production (save on my computer) as a wmv (default) this can then be imported into a Roxio production.

I was also foolish enough to turn my camera on it's side. My XP installation includes microsofts 'Windows Movie Maker'. I have been able to rotate the video by simply adding it to a new production in WMM (import video) and using the video effect 'rotate 90'. I then saved the production (save on my computer) as a wmv (default) this can then be imported into a Roxio production.

You digged a two-month old thread!

Anyway, here's a thread on how to rotate a video clip in EMC8.

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?...ost&p=54928

First of all it was pretty stupid of me to rotate the camera when taking a video. I am new to the media creating software so please bear with me. I found out how to rotate the clip on the Roxio website using a colorband and overlaying the video and then rotating it, seems to work fine BUT.... the rendered video is double (probably to fill up the 4:3 format and it is all static and purple colors, not clear like the original. What settings do I change to get rid of the double image (or hide it) and to clear the video up. I tried using Roxanne but none of the topics would fit my dilema. Hope someone can help me, Thanks

See if this post helps.

http://forums.support.roxio.com/index.php?...ost&p=15586

That is the procedure I used in the first place and it seems to rotate the clip all right but when I go to render it to another video file it preveiws and a double image and can't be made out clearly, seems the rendering is giving me grief as well. maybe a setting that is not correct.

Not sure what you mean in the bolded text; can you explain in more detail. Do you have the transparency set correctly? Are you rendering that project (rotated video and color background) to a mpg2 or avi file and then adding it to another project? If it is mpg2, it would not render again. Do not trust any of the preview windows to see what will be on the final burned disc. Does the rendered mpg2 or avi file look OK in WMP?

When I output the production as a video file (and I tried several different formats) the preview of the rendered image shows as a vertical split having 2 images of the video playing at the same time (barely discernable). When I play the resulting saved video file back after rendering complete, it is the same as the preview image (a vertical split with 2 copies of the same video playing and barely discernable). I am using MOV clips to produce the video. I am not sure how to change the transparency and I would be satisfied if I could get the video an any common video format. Thanks

That is the procedure I used in the first place and it seems to rotate the clip all right but when I go to render it to another video file it preveiws and a double image and can't be made out clearly, seems the rendering is giving me grief as well. maybe a setting that is not correct.

Not sure what you mean in the bolded text; can you explain in more detail. Do you have the transparency set correctly? Are you rendering that project (rotated video and color background) to a mpg2 or avi file and then adding it to another project? If it is mpg2, it would not render again. Do not trust any of the preview windows to see what will be on the final burned disc. Does the rendered mpg2 or avi file look OK in WMP?

When I output the production as a video file (and I tried several different formats) the preview of the rendered image shows as a vertical split having 2 images of the video playing at the same time (barely discernable). When I play the resulting saved video file back after rendering complete, it is the same as the preview image (a vertical split with 2 copies of the same video playing and barely discernable). I am using MOV clips to produce the video. I am not sure how to change the transparency and I would be satisfied if I could get the video an any common video format. Thanks

Try this. I have never heard of your video problem before but there is sometimes "ghost" music that shows up. Open your project and the go to the top menu. Select tools>options and then delete the proxy files. They are rebuilt but it may take a minute or two. Try again.

If that doesn't solve your problem, open your internal tracks to check that you haven't added that video twice; once to the internal and once to the external track of that color panel.

Archived