• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Writing Cd Text From Lp Assistant

gordonwd

Question

When using the LP & Tape Assistant to copy audio from an LP record, I have to manually enter all the track info. When I burn a CD with the tracks, I am selecting the option to "Include CD Text". But later, my labeling software can't seem to read the CD Text from the CD, so I end up having to enter the track names again.

Does the "CD Text" option from the Recording Wizard really work when burning a CD? Is there any utility that I can use to actually verify that there is CD Text data there? I also noted that MusicMatch can't seem to read the track info from the CD, so I'm thinking it is not being written.

2 answers to this question

Are you simply naming the files or are you editing the "tags"?

When using the LP & Tape Assistant to copy audio from an LP record, I have to manually enter all the track info. When I burn a CD with the tracks, I am selecting the option to "Include CD Text". But later, my labeling software can't seem to read the CD Text from the CD, so I end up having to enter the track names again.

Does the "CD Text" option from the Recording Wizard really work when burning a CD? Is there any utility that I can use to actually verify that there is CD Text data there? I also noted that MusicMatch can't seem to read the track info from the CD, so I'm thinking it is not being written.

Are you simply naming the files or are you editing the "tags"?

I am entering the track and artist name into the list of tracks that the Assistant shows, which is the only option that it gives you. This is definitely "tag" information, as it also ends up in the MP3 files if I also export them.

Archived