• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Iso Files Larger Than 4 Gb

REDWAGON

Question

I'm running EMC 7.1.1.189ENU

I burned a DVD project that was a little over 7GB and everything worked O.K. using DVD Builder (After making the production in VideoWave). The DVD production plays fine. When I burned the DVD, I chose to also burn to an ISO file on my computer. I have been saving all of my DMSM, DMSD, ISO and all other related folders that are required for them on 4.7GB or 8.5GB (DL) disks. So far all has worked out, but I have never had a single file over 4GB before, until now.

This last ISO file I tried to save, although being less than the 8.5 (DL) media, would not work using EMC's "COPY FILES TO DISK". I got an error that stated that no single file greater than 4 GB could be used.

Question: Does EMC 7.5 or EMC 8 have that same restriction ?? I am wondering now how I can save that 7+GB ISO file as a backup like all the other backups I have been making.

Frank..........

10 answers to this question

My mistake James thinking that the 4GB limitation was due to a certain version of EMC. After a little "going to school" on the internet regarding Joliet, I now understand. Thanks for getting my thinking straight.

And by the way, after changing my options, I can now burn discs up to the limit of the media. My sacred 7.8GB ISO file has now been saved !

Frank........

My mistake James thinking that the 4GB limitation was due to a certain version of EMC. After a little "going to school" on the internet regarding Joliet, I now understand. Thanks for getting my thinking straight.

And by the way, after changing my options, I can now burn discs up to the limit of the media. My sacred 7.8GB ISO file has now been saved !

Frank........

Frank: Good deal!

You did make 2 copies right?

Another tactic is a HD. Copy important files to it and remove it from the PC. – These $30 external cases make it snap to do these days. I have 5 HDs sitting on my shelve, plus all of my CD/DVD backups.

But then, I have lost more data than most folks will ever create…

Guest mlpasley
I have 5 HDs sitting on my shelve, plus all of my CD/DVD backups.

But then, I have lost more data than most folks will ever create…

And, of course, you've got copies stored at a different site, right? Copies to relatives?

Yep, can't be too safe huh ml ? :) Some time ago when I really got into making DVD videos and slide shows using EMC, I had a few that were really great ones. For all those I have made backups of all the DMSM, DMSD and ISO files and their associated folders that contain the information used to make them. As far as all the external HD's James, I have so many other pieces of computer hardware in my computer room now, I wouldn't have the room to put them. So I just stick to backup disks that I keep in a safe place, which takes up very little room. Hey, maybe ml has the idea. Send all the backups to a relative. :huh:

Kidding aside, I like many others have lost some very valuable data by not being extra careful. Any more I just don't take that chance.

Thanks guys for all the suggestions and knowledge for those like me that every once in a while need it.

Frank........

Guest mlpasley

I burned a DVD project that was a little over 7GB and everything worked O.K. using DVD Builder (After making the production in VideoWave). The DVD production plays fine. When I burned the DVD, I chose to also burn to an ISO file on my computer. I have been saving all of my DMSM, DMSD, ISO and all other related folders that are required for them on 4.7GB or 8.5GB (DL) disks. So far all has worked out, but I have never had a single file over 4GB before, until now.

This last ISO file I tried to save, although being less than the 8.5 (DL) media, would not work using EMC's "COPY FILES TO DISK". I got an error that stated that no single file greater than 4 GB could be used.

Question: Does EMC 7.5 or EMC 8 have that same restriction ?? I am wondering now how I can save that 7+GB ISO file as a backup like all the other backups I have been making.

Frank..........

I'm assuming that you're trying to burn to a DATA DVD using Creator Classic. You're running into the Joliet Bridge limitation. Use the no bridge option. (OK. I don't remember the exact options..... maybe someone else will clarify those.)

Frank..........

Frank,

do a search (all Forums) for Joliet and you will get lots of hits and also how to bypass the $GB limitation. I think its switch to UDF and No Bridge

Thanks ml and Walt for the suggestions. Yep, after checking out some previous threads Gary Russell had a reply and included an attachment that shows how to change from the Joliet to the No Bridge method. I Haven't checked yet to see what version he had but will check it out. Thanks Gary for the post reply.

Frank....

Thanks ml and Walt for the suggestions. Yep, after checking out some previous threads Gary Russell had a reply and included an attachment that shows how to change from the Joliet to the No Bridge method. I Haven't checked yet to see what version he had but will check it out. Thanks Gary for the post reply.

Frank....

Version doesn't matter, it is a Joliet limitation and has been there since Joliet was introduced.

Archived