Back to basics

Vic Deadly

Question

The last good cd burning software was Easy CD Creator 5. After that it’s been a downhill ride. I was thinking, rather than keep trying to do everything, but not doing it very well, you should break up your software into parts. People who want to burn and edit music could buy the music package; people who want to focus on video could buy the video package, etc. The music editor now is woefully inefficient. It has a number of good things, like the music i.d. and the ability to edit and burn many different formats (which are probably the best things to have happened to this software). On the other hand, what you hear isn’t always what you get (cross fading specifically), fading in and out can’t always be heard in the preview (that’s more of a burn and pray), or trying to zoom in too much (meaning 4-5x) and the end of the file (last 2-3 seconds) can’t be seen anymore. This is good stuff for people who just want to slap down some tracks and go, but for people who want to take their time and do it right often find themselves at the mercy of unpredictability. I’m sure many people would continue to buy the “full package”, but many others would rather have a more structured and detailed version that targets their specific needs.

6 answers to this question

It isn't a matter of the suite doing too much. It's more like Jack of all trades, master of none. It performs a lot of tasks at a basic level.

HUH????????? You have posted about one thing that YOU thought was a problem. Have you gone on to anything but Music Disc Creator? If you did, you would realize how much your statement doesn't ring true. :):huh::D:D:D

"HUH?????????"

Do you really need that many question marks?

"You have posted about one thing that YOU thought was a problem."

That's the whole point of forums. It's a place for people to express their own thoughts and ideas, not pure statistical facts.

"Have you gone on to anything but Music Disc Creator?"

No. I got this for burning music. As for that, it excels on a very basic level.

"If you did, you would realize how much your statement doesn't ring true."

Are you saying that other features of this software are far more intensive? Did they only skimp on the music aspect?

"HUH?????????"

Do you really need that many question marks?

"You have posted about one thing that YOU thought was a problem."

That's the whole point of forums. It's a place for people to express their own thoughts and ideas, not pure statistical facts.

"Have you gone on to anything but Music Disc Creator?"

No. I got this for burning music. As for that, it excels on a very basic level.

"If you did, you would realize how much your statement doesn't ring true."

Are you saying that other features of this software are far more intensive? Did they only skimp on the music aspect?

You bought it for the music aspect. I find it meets my needs, and it most certainly isn't a basic level. And yes, other features of the software suite are quite intensive.

Actually, I think that Music Disc Creator is way beyond anything that I would use. I would never burn a music DVD. Creating an audio CD works great. Music ID works great. Much easier than other software that I've used. I certainly can't see how you can call it 'basic level'. IMHO

The only legitmate complaint I see is the cross fading thing which other have posted. But even that doesn't affect everyone. Seems to work fine for me. I haven't used sound editor that much, but I haven't had any trouble zooming. I've done that a few times to cut off some silence at the beginning or end of a song.

Archived