• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

DigitalMedia Plus v7, error in image writing to hard drive

Charlton

Question

DigitalMedia Plus v7 pre-installed on my new HP Pavilion laptop. I used it to back up my DVD video. Using "disk copy" or "save image", I always got the following error: "there was an error writing the image to your hard drive. Please make sure you have 4.3 GB free on any one of your hard drives, then try the copy again." (I did succeed once though). This happens at about 15% "saving image" progress. My hard drive had more than 80 GB free space, the error is just nonsense. Can't do anything about it and can't find any patches from Sonic website. The Sonic's website even doesn't have a "DigitalMedia Plus v7" in their product list. I have to guess it might be "Digital Media Studio" or "My DVD".......Poor product & poor support!

Could anyone give a clue? Thxxxxx.

PS: my Windows Media Player was version 10.

1 answer to this question

DigitalMedia Plus v7 pre-installed on my new HP Pavilion laptop. I used it to back up my DVD video. Using "disk copy" or "save image", I always got the following error: "there was an error writing the image to your hard drive. Please make sure you have 4.3 GB free on any one of your hard drives, then try the copy again." (I did succeed once though). This happens at about 15% "saving image" progress. My hard drive had more than 80 GB free space, the error is just nonsense. Can't do anything about it and can't find any patches from Sonic website. The Sonic's website even doesn't have a "DigitalMedia Plus v7" in their product list. I have to guess it might be "Digital Media Studio" or "My DVD".......Poor product & poor support!

Could anyone give a clue? Thxxxxx.

PS: my Windows Media Player was version 10.

The version that came with your laptop is most likely the OEM version which is a 'lite' version of the product. Updates on the Sonic site will not work with your version and you should contact HP about any updates that may be available.

Also, if some of the discs are commercial dvd's, they won't copy as they are copy protected. If you get the error with non commercial dvd's then it's either a space problem, a problem with the media or the drive.

Archived