Can't Install Updates

ronalds173

Because I couldn't get Easy CD & DVD Creator to recognize my recorder I uninstalled GoBack 3 first followed by Easy CD & DVD and then used the Roxizap utility. After reinstalling Easy CD & DVD, however, I couldn't install the updates. It kept hanging up on the Engine Update so I unchecked that but it said that this update is critical and I couldn't by-pass it. So, I can't do any updates. :) On the positive side, the Creator Classic does now recognize not only my recorder, but all of the various CD's and DVD's I am supposed to be able to use.

If anyone has any ideas on how I can reinstall these updates I would be very gratefull! :huh:

Because I couldn't get Easy CD & DVD Creator to recognize my recorder I uninstalled GoBack 3 first followed by Easy CD & DVD and then used the Roxizap utility. After reinstalling Easy CD & DVD, however, I couldn't install the updates. It kept hanging up on the Engine Update so I unchecked that but it said that this update is critical and I couldn't by-pass it. So, I can't do any updates. :) On the positive side, the Creator Classic does now recognize not only my recorder, but all of the various CD's and DVD's I am supposed to be able to use.

If anyone has any ideas on how I can reinstall these updates I would be very gratefull! :huh:

I'm going to guess that you are trying to update using the Auto update feature in ECDC. Instead, try downloading them manually and installing them. You can get to them using the Software Updates link on the left.

I'm going to guess that you are trying to update using the Auto update feature in ECDC. Instead, try downloading them manually and installing them. You can get to them using the Software Updates link on the left.

I did try that before I got your response and found that it did work. :huh: But, thank you for the response. I had forgotten all about the updates being at the website also--brain freeze--but I found it last night and was able to download the download engine patch. But this whole process has raised another question I just can't figure out. When I uninstalled GoBack and ECDC 6 I recovered alot of space on my "C" drive. But, after re-installing ONLY ECDC 6, I lost more space from this one program than I regained from uninstalling the 2. I can't figure it out. :)

I did try that before I got your response and found that it did work. :D But, thank you for the response. I had forgotten all about the updates being at the website also--brain freeze--but I found it last night and was able to download the download engine patch. But this whole process has raised another question I just can't figure out. When I uninstalled GoBack and ECDC 6 I recovered alot of space on my "C" drive. But, after re-installing ONLY ECDC 6, I lost more space from this one program than I regained from uninstalling the 2. I can't figure it out. :)

Glad to hear you got it figured out. :huh: and thanks for posting back with your solution.

Not sure what the deal might be with your HD space. There are a lot of things that can cause it to get used up. Especially temp files and the like. There's probably even some temp files leftover from installing the downloaded updates. You could try cleaning out your temp folder(s).

Archived