Music Dvd - Playback Not "continuous" For Manually Selected Title/chapter

mrv4

Question

For Music DVDs, when I use the numeric keypad on my remote on my Sony DVP-NS999ES to start playing at a specific Title (e.g. select Title 2, Chapter 1), the machine will play the first Chapter only from that Title and then return to the main menu instead of continuing on to the second Chapter. Why is this? If I instead use the DVD on-screen menu structure to start at Title 2, Chapter 1, the machine will play Chapter 1 and continue on to Chapter 2, Chapter 3, etc. as it should.

Why does the playback logic behave differently depending on how you select Title 2, Chapter 1?

The Music DVD I tried this with was created with "play all items continuously" selected, so I don't think it should go back to the main menu after Title 2, Chapter 1 is playing. It should proceed to Chapter 2.

This is important for users who want to listen to Music DVDs on a home stereo without connecting a t.v. or monitor. It is easier to select Title/Chapters using a remote numeric keypad than via an on-screen menu if you have no screen (in which case you are flying blind).

Please help!

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet

Archived