Another victim of the rebate snow job

JohnC

Question

Today I received a post card from Roxio saying my rebate was denied due to me not submitting all the necessary materials. I know for a fact I met all requirements because I copied everything before mailing it in. The postcard made no indication of what was supposedly missing from my submission. When I went to the Roxio website to check on the status of my rebate the website tells me there is no record of any rebate info under that number or my name and address.

To add to my frustration, the Roxio automated phone system provides no way for me to find out what was missing or the capability to speak to a customer service representative (assuming there are any).

It appears that am I screwed out of my rebate as I no longer have a UPC barcode label to prove I purchased the software (they sent nothing back). I knew there was a reason I went to Nero a couple of years ago for my multimedia software needs. Looks like I just needed to be reminded of why.

Needless to say, I will be recommending my friends stay away from Roxio. :):huh::D

5 answers to this question

"Send me a personal message with your contact info (email address/phone #) and I will check into it."

(John At Roxio)

The first thing you need to do now is go with the suggestion from John at Roxio !!. Then:

Any time there is a rebate of any sizeable amount, make sure you have covered all the required information (in this case it sounds like you probably did) and then when you mail it in, go to your local post office and mail it registered mail. That way you will get a card back in the mail showing who at the rebate center address you sent it to, signed for it and the date it was delivered. And as already suggested, make sure you have copies of everything. And that includes a copy of even the UPC code.

After reading about rebates in my latest computer magazine, there has been so many complaints of people not getting there rebates for one reason or another that many of the companies are dropping the mail in rebates.

I had same issue but I scanned a copy of everything before mailing. That helped show them via email that I had all the documentation. However, I just not have to go through that process every time there is a dispute. It was the first time I ran into it so consider it an anomoly. Interesting that there are more with the same company -- never seen that before.

Then you should have a copy of the UPC code.

If you have copies of everything needed, call customer service!

cd

I tried calling customer service. All I get is an automated system that passes me around. Believe me, I would love to be able to talk to human being. And a copy of the UPC won't do; The rebate form specifically said the ORIGINAL had to be mailed in.

"Send me a personal message with your contact info (email address/phone #) and I will check into it."

(John At Roxio)

The first thing you need to do now is go with the suggestion from John at Roxio !!. Then:

Any time there is a rebate of any sizeable amount, make sure you have covered all the required information (in this case it sounds like you probably did) and then when you mail it in, go to your local post office and mail it registered mail. That way you will get a card back in the mail showing who at the rebate center address you sent it to, signed for it and the date it was delivered. And as already suggested, make sure you have copies of everything. And that includes a copy of even the UPC code.

After reading about rebates in my latest computer magazine, there has been so many complaints of people not getting there rebates for one reason or another that many of the companies are dropping the mail in rebates.

Archived