• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Uninstall/conflict problems

Kevin H.

Question

I'm running Easy Creator 8 and recently upgraded to Norton Internet Security 2007. When not using Easy Creator, I get an error message about a Roxio file problem. In order to see if there was a conflict, I decided to uninstall Easy Creator. The unistall proceeded without any problems until it was done. Then Windows crashed and would not restart. I kept on getting the screen to allow me to Safe Boot. Nothing worked. I needed to reinstall Windows and restore my files from scratch.

So, I tried it again....I'm a gluten for punishment. Same result.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

3 answers to this question

"I get an error message about a Roxio file problem."

If Norton NIS2007 is the one showing you the error about a Roxio file, just what IS the error measage and WHAT is the Roxio file that the message eludes to ?? That just might help to better analyze your problem.

Frank...

I'm running Easy Creator 8 and recently upgraded to Norton Internet Security 2007. When not using Easy Creator, I get an error message about a Roxio file problem. In order to see if there was a conflict, I decided to uninstall Easy Creator. The unistall proceeded without any problems until it was done. Then Windows crashed and would not restart. I kept on getting the screen to allow me to Safe Boot. Nothing worked. I needed to reinstall Windows and restore my files from scratch.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

I would have uninstalled the Norton IS, instead, since it caused the problem. Either that, or I would have read the help files for Norton to see how you could tell it that EMC 8 was okay.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Norton is a real pain. I have had to fix or rebuild just about every relatives machine because of it. Even when you tell it to allow a program it doesn't do it. I agree, get rid of the Norton and then see if you have the problem, I bet you won't.

Also shut it off when you uninstall, not just when you install. That includes all aspects of the program, not just the virus scan. The firewall, and spywear will slow you down at every turn. On most machines if you go in and give permission for a program to run from within the Norton interface before trying to run it the permission usually sticks. If you do it when the program ask you what to do it doesn't.

Archived