• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 23 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Can't Get Program To Run

deany8

I bought CD/DVD Creator 6 on Dec 2, 2005. I am on dial-up so it took over 2 days to download. I used it a few times and it worked well. I decided that I needed to back it up in case of disk failure. I copied the program to disk and after that it refused to run and insisted that I needed to add my license information but the numbers were grayed out. I went through the Roxanne thing several times and finally called the technical support people. After 40 minutes on hold I got a real person and he gave me instructions on how to download the program again. I tried several times and then went through the support online with no results. I finally called technical support again. 34 minutes on hold and then I ordered a backup disk. This cost me $17.00 and it arrived two weeks later. Imagine my surprise when I put the disk in and clicked the only icon available and it made me download another program. This one took another 2 days but it finished and I installed it successfully. Hurray! But when I tried to run it I got an error message. cannot find roxio_ecdc_esd_asm_lic_gui.dll. They told me I should use the same license code but I can't get the program to run that far. Can someone help! I haven't been able to back up anything on my computer since the first part of December.

Deany8

I bought CD/DVD Creator 6 on Dec 2, 2005. I am on dial-up so it took over 2 days to download. I used it a few times and it worked well. I decided that I needed to back it up in case of disk failure. I copied the program to disk and after that it refused to run and insisted that I needed to add my license information but the numbers were grayed out. I went through the Roxanne thing several times and finally called the technical support people. After 40 minutes on hold I got a real person and he gave me instructions on how to download the program again. I tried several times and then went through the support online with no results. I finally called technical support again. 34 minutes on hold and then I ordered a backup disk. This cost me $17.00 and it arrived two weeks later. Imagine my surprise when I put the disk in and clicked the only icon available and it made me download another program. This one took another 2 days but it finished and I installed it successfully. Hurray! But when I tried to run it I got an error message. cannot find roxio_ecdc_esd_asm_lic_gui.dll. They told me I should use the same license code but I can't get the program to run that far. Can someone help! I haven't been able to back up anything on my computer since the first part of December.

Deany8

Where did you download the ECD & DVD Creator from?. Was it from the Roxio web site?.

Assuming for a moment that it was........... you then received a disk, (what is the program disk called) installed it, and then downloaded another program??????????????. I have more questios for you, but lets

see if I am on the right track first.

\

Yes, I downloaded from the Roxio site. I bought the program here. When I

finally couldn't get the second download to complete the download, I called

the technical number and he gave me a number at Sonic to order a backup

disk. I called there and gave them my credit information. I waited two more

weeks and a disk came in the mail. It only says Backup CD (no program name

or anything but a small reg # on the bottom). There were no instructions so I put

it in my drive and it had one icon roxio_creator.6exe. When I ran that it came

up as a download page so I connected and took two more days and downloaded

successfully. I installed with no trouble but when I run the program I get the error

that I wrote about.

Can you give me an idea what could be wrong?

Thanks for any help anyone can give me. I am at the end of my rope and just

hanging on.

Yes, I downloaded from the Roxio site. I bought the program here. When I

finally couldn't get the second download to complete the download, I called

the technical number and he gave me a number at Sonic to order a backup

disk. I called there and gave them my credit information. I waited two more

weeks and a disk came in the mail. It only says Backup CD (no program name

or anything but a small reg # on the bottom). There were no instructions so I put

it in my drive and it had one icon roxio_creator.6exe. When I ran that it came

up as a download page so I connected and took two more days and downloaded

successfully. I installed with no trouble but when I run the program I get the error

that I wrote about.

Can you give me an idea what could be wrong?

Thanks for any help anyone can give me. I am at the end of my rope and just

hanging on.

Ogdens; V6 is available (disc/download) from the Home page. There is a link on the left side border for 'Win98 Users'.

Dean; The contents and behavior of this "backup" disc sound odd. Why don't you call that Sonic number you ordered it from and tell them your plight.

Let us know what you find out.

Ogdens; V6 is available (disc/download) from the Home page. There is a link on the left side border for 'Win98 Users'.

Dean; The contents and behavior of this "backup" disc sound odd. Why don't you call that Sonic number you ordered it from and tell them your plight.

Let us know what you find out.

I was aware that V6 in Sonics BackUp My PC Deluxe Suite is available for download, but the user posted in the Easy cd & DVD creator forum and said he had CD/DVD Creator 6, so I assumed he had Roxio V6. Anyway, moving on, (I should have picked up on the downloaded bit).

I was aware that V6 in Sonics BackUp My PC Deluxe Suite is available for download, but the user posted in the Easy cd & DVD creator forum and said he had CD/DVD Creator 6, so I assumed he had Roxio V6. Anyway, moving on, (I should have picked up on the downloaded bit).

Yes it is ECDC V6.

From the Home page go to Products then the Win98 link and that will take you: Here

Archived