• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 18 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Frustrating!

mmace

Question

I've had the software 24 hours now and found it nothing but frustrating. Had end of file errors, can't import files from my camcorder without re-compressing them, but the most frustrating thing is:

I am making a large project, I have 3 8gb HD files that I am putting into 1 blu-ray project, I drag them from the media library to the project and it takes around an hour before I can do anything, once they're there if I click from one of the title to another about 3 or 4 times in a row the programme stops respoding again (file, edit etc accross the top dissapear) and doesn't come back for an hour or so.

I have a fairly hi-spec machine, only installed windows 2 days ago, not loads of crap on my machine

tried mpeg2 program streams, elementary streams (ac3 and m2v), both have same effect

had it 24 hours, really annoyed with it, not been able to build a single project that works yet, can;t say I'll recommend this software to anyone

PC specs:

Windows XP Media Center 2005 roll up 2 with all updates

Pentium D 3.4Ghz

2Gb DDR2 RAM

GeForce 7950GT 256Mb

Sony BWU-100A

installed SW:

PowerDVD Ultra

Nero 7

FFDShow

Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, Encore DVD, Photoshop Elements

ULead MediaStudio Pro

MS Office 2003

FireFox 2

iTunes & Quicktime 7

VideoReDo

Grabit

DLDone

16 answers to this question

I just saved out my project and set the temp location all to the same folder (the temp file was on a different HDD before)

restarted DVDit

it took 15 minutes just to load the project, all I did was select one of the "titles" and the notice popped up saying "Selectin movie. Please wait...", that was 1.5 hours ago and it's still there

are we beta testers for this software?

mmace,

I know you stated that you can't run your computer without ffdshow. I did a search to see if there were any issues with it. Some of these are old...some are new.

This thread talks of problems with TMPEG and FFdshow

http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=ffdshow

This thread talks about Power DVD 7 Deluxe not working with FFdshow

http://www.free-codecs.com/reviews/FFDShow.htm

This one states issues with MCE and WMP:

<<There's also ffdshow if you're comfortable with something a bit more complex. Though if you go with ffdshow compatibility with MCE and some issues with WMP may come up now and again depending on usage and configuration.>>

http://blogs.coreygouker.com/CommentView,g...7c7e410a39.aspx

This thread has a posting from last Friday that says that WMP 11 crashes with FFdshow

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=120465&page=2

Is that the root of your issues? I don't know. What I do know is that you are reporting issues that others are not. Conflicts happen...and it sounds like you are running into conflicts.

Scott

mmace,

I know you stated that you can't run your computer without ffdshow. I did a search to see if there were any issues with it. Some of these are old...some are new.

This thread talks of problems with TMPEG and FFdshow

http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=ffdshow

This thread talks about Power DVD 7 Deluxe not working with FFdshow

http://www.free-codecs.com/reviews/FFDShow.htm

This one states issues with MCE and WMP:

<<There's also ffdshow if you're comfortable with something a bit more complex. Though if you go with ffdshow compatibility with MCE and some issues with WMP may come up now and again depending on usage and configuration.>>

http://blogs.coreygouker.com/CommentView,g...7c7e410a39.aspx

This thread has a posting from last Friday that says that WMP 11 crashes with FFdshow

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=120465&page=2

Is that the root of your issues? I don't know. What I do know is that you are reporting issues that others are not. Conflicts happen...and it sounds like you are running into conflicts.

Scott

this most recent install of windows all I did was install windows, do all updates and install DVDit Pro so that's not it

I've had the software 24 hours now and found it nothing but frustrating. Had end of file errors, can't import files from my camcorder without re-compressing them, but the most frustrating thing is:

I am making a large project, I have 3 8gb HD files that I am putting into 1 blu-ray project, I drag them from the media library to the project and it takes around an hour before I can do anything, once they're there if I click from one of the title to another about 3 or 4 times in a row the programme stops respoding again (file, edit etc accross the top dissapear) and doesn't come back for an hour or so.

I have a fairly hi-spec machine, only installed windows 2 days ago, not loads of crap on my machine

tried mpeg2 program streams, elementary streams (ac3 and m2v), both have same effect

had it 24 hours, really annoyed with it, not been able to build a single project that works yet, can;t say I'll recommend this software to anyone

PC specs:

Pentium D 3.4Ghz

2Gb DDR2 RAM

GeForce 7950GT 256Mb

Sony BWU-100A

installed SW:

PowerDVD Ultra

Nero 7

FFDShow

ULead MediaStudio Pro

MS Office 2003

FireFox 2

iTunes & Quicktime 7

VideoReDo

Grabit

DLDone

maff, the camcorder issue. That is not DVDit Pro HD. That is the BDMV spec. HDV video is not legal. It is legal in BDAV, but not BDMV. but, then with BDAV you get a max bit rate of 15mb/s and no menus.

sent you a private message. let's get on the phone tomorrow and try to solve your other issues.

Scott

have replied, thank you for the offer, it's very much appreciated, never had so much help from one person before as I have from yourself over the past week, however, due to time differences, the hours I work and my home situation it wouldn't be pratical (for the next few months!).

Can anyone give me help on here that I can than try in my own time?

Will take onboard all suggestions

Does the fact that the BD I'm wanting to make has 3 movies imported, all 1080i and all over 2 hours long each?

As for the camcorder issue, I know HDV isn't BD legal, but wondered why I can't import the transport stream, but as you said in my other post, premiere can output the elementary streams without re-encoding so that's fine

Have you tried to encode the movies before bringing them into DVDITPROHD?

I'm not sure if by transport stream you meant the HDV transport or the BD.

If you have not tried this, export a short sample, with the proper encoding settings, and then try to bring it into the program.

Jerry

Have you tried to encode the movies before bringing them into DVDITPROHD?

I'm not sure if by transport stream you meant the HDV transport or the BD.

If you have not tried this, export a short sample, with the proper encoding settings, and then try to bring it into the program.

Jerry

tried that, same result, tried all sorts, same result

maff, I don't want to run you in circles and cause you extra work, but could be conflicts with other software on your computer. I don't think we are tested on systems with videoredo, dldone and ffdshow. Really not sure, but you are reporting a number of issues that just are not being seen by most users...

well, DLdone doesn't install, it just runs when I need it to, so that's not the problem, I can't use my PC without FFDShow so if that's a conflict then that's ridiculous. I installed VideoReDo after I started getting problems to try some different MPG's

the latest problem I've found (don't think it's me this time!) - I had the temporary folder set up in preferences, but was moving stuff around on my drives to see if that helped speed (it doesn't) and deleted the folder that it was using as a temporary folder, I then went into settings and it wouldn't let me put another folder in, it just kept coming up with an error saying the folder didn't exist if I clicked "browse" (and I couldn't type in a drive/folder either), this looks like a bug in the programme. (I deleted the folder while the programme was open, but I should still be able to change the temp folder location_

Windows Media Center might be your problem.

it shouldn't be, it's a small piece of software on top of XP that has no effect until its loaded (so basically, if media center software isn't loaded it the equivilent to having just normal XP)

if it helps the CPU usage is around 20% and memory usage around 30%

sent you a private message. let's get on the phone tomorrow and try to solve your other issues.
have replied, thank you for the offer, it's very much appreciated, never had so much help from one person before as I have from yourself over the past week, however, due to time differences, the hours I work and my home situation it wouldn't be pratical (for the next few months!).

Can anyone give me help on here that I can than try in my own time?

Will take onboard all suggestions

Does the fact that the BD I'm wanting to make has 3 movies imported, all 1080i and all over 2 hours long each?

As for the camcorder issue, I know HDV isn't BD legal, but wondered why I can't import the transport stream, but as you said in my other post, premiere can output the elementary streams without re-encoding so that's fine

maff, I don't want to run you in circles and cause you extra work, but could be conflicts with other software on your computer. I don't think we are tested on systems with videoredo, dldone and ffdshow. Really not sure, but you are reporting a number of issues that just are not being seen by most users...

PC specs:

Pentium D 3.4Ghz

2Gb DDR2 RAM

GeForce 7950GT 256Mb

Sony BWU-100A

installed SW:

PowerDVD Ultra

Nero 7

FFDShow

ULead MediaStudio Pro

MS Office 2003

FireFox 2

iTunes & Quicktime 7

VideoReDo

Grabit

DLDone

Have you tried to "add movie"? Just to see if they both result in the same problem.

Have you tried to "add movie"? Just to see if they both result in the same problem.

yep, trying to add 8 chapters to a 2 hour film, so far taken 4 hours and only added 3 chapters, if I click in the time bar it moves straight away, when I click "add chapter" it takes over an hour to complete

Archived