• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Newbie needs help and TLC

Madkitty

Question

Ok so the version I had trialed was mydvd 5 and it was fab and worked without any hitches so I went ahead and purchased EMC9 thinking it would be great but alas :)

I have a sony vaio grt16v - the specs are here http://www.laptopshop.co.uk/sony-Vaio_PCG_...aptop-3-nd2.htm Im a complete novice so thought it would be easier just to give you all the details. Im presming the specs are all ok as I can run other progs like adobe premiere fine.

I am constantly getting the error that I need to upgrade my video card when I open mydvd but sony dont seem to have the latest drivers and although I found one on the nvidia site it just wont install as it isnt recognised by xp.

eventually when mydvd does load i am constantly having it crash when i try to playback a clip - there is nothing wrong with the clip as it plays fine in premiere.

is it the video card causing all the problems? Id really love to solve this as I love mydvd to bits - any help would be much appreciated

4 answers to this question

Ok so the version I had trialed was mydvd 5 and it was fab and worked without any hitches so I went ahead and purchased EMC9 thinking it would be great but alas :)

I have a sony vaio grt16v - the specs are here http://www.laptopshop.co.uk/sony-Vaio_PCG_...aptop-3-nd2.htm Im a complete novice so thought it would be easier just to give you all the details. Im presming the specs are all ok as I can run other progs like adobe premiere fine.

I am constantly getting the error that I need to upgrade my video card when I open mydvd but sony dont seem to have the latest drivers and although I found one on the nvidia site it just wont install as it isnt recognised by xp.

eventually when mydvd does load i am constantly having it crash when i try to playback a clip - there is nothing wrong with the clip as it plays fine in premiere.

is it the video card causing all the problems? Id really love to solve this as I love mydvd to bits - any help would be much appreciated

Your RAM is low, at 512 and should be upgrade to 1GB minimum. Your video card is an onboard chip, and I don't know if updating the drivers will help. It won't hurt.

thats way above me - would it be best for me to just look for an older version of media creator?

If you did not uninstall the older version of MyDVD, you are running into problems there. 512 mb of RAM is sufficiant to run anything you may want to run under XP--it is just much better the more RAM (Random Access Memory) you run on the system. If you check the knowledge base on the site you should be able to find info on how to do a manual uninstall of MyDVD or any EMC programs you may have installed. Once the process has been followed you can do a new install of EMC9 and all SHOULD run as expected. As far as it goes for the onbaord video, you must know what video card is being used for proper drivers. On the site for the drivers you will notice that there are onboard as well as add-on card drivers listed as nForce TNT-nVidia and the like)

Your RAM is low, at 512 and should be upgrade to 1GB minimum. Your video card is an onboard chip, and I don't know if updating the drivers will help. It won't hurt.

thats way above me - would it be best for me to just look for an older version of media creator?

I didn't see anything specifically for the Geforce Go 5600. I would try the standard Geforce and TNT2 drivers. Make sure the driver is set for 1024X768 32bit color or higher.

Make sure you have ALL Window's Updates. SP2 is required for some parts of EMC9

DO NOT install IE7 or Windows Media Player 11. They are known to cause problems

Make sure you have the latest DirectX from Microsoft.

Archived