• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Capturing analog video

tcb

Question

I am trying to capture anolog video on a HP Media Center PC m7674n, intel core 2 duo processor E6400, NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE graphics, 1066MHz system bus, 2mb L2 cache and 2.13ghz processor, 2GB PC2-4200 DDR2 SDRAM. It has front ports for connections for S Video, Composite, Audio, USB for importing video.

My problem is that when I try to import video using roxio 9, I select capture video and after the screen begins to load the program locks up. When I first connected the cables, both computer and vcr were off. After startup the vcr and computer, I was told to insert the roxio program disc to finish with the installation which I did. Then I was asked to restart. Can anyone help? I did contact HP and they told me to try the software that came with the computer instead of a third party software, which I did and that had the same results. Not a lot of help from them. Thought maybe I'd try this. Thanks for any help in advance.

4 answers to this question

Which TV card does the Media Center use? There are some updated drivers for the Hauppauge cards.

I know the capture card is Conexant Falcon Video Capture. I'm not sure if this is the the right answer for the TV card you mentioned. If not, how would I find this out?

Check the HP support site first for updated drivers. Then check the Conexant website.

Also make sure you have the latest nVidia drivers 93.71

And the latest DirectX from Microsoft.

The 7300 LE is a lower end graphics card, but it does fully support DirectX 9 so it should be ok.

Thanks for the help. I will try this.

Check the HP support site first for updated drivers. Then check the Conexant website.

Also make sure you have the latest nVidia drivers 93.71

And the latest DirectX from Microsoft.

The 7300 LE is a lower end graphics card, but it does fully support DirectX 9 so it should be ok.

Archived