• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

MyDVD 9, Error 80040207, Error 80004005

TiVoUserVVC

Question

:) I post this because it might help someone with this ridiculous problem. Others have posted regarding the need to possibly re-install MyDVD and/or upgrade graphic drivers. I happened on this after over eight hours using software instead of hardware to record a dual layer dvd.

1. Run MyDVD graphics test. It should show hardware option possible.

2. Remove MyDVD including manual delete of program folders (e.g. Roxio).

3. Update/upgrade graphic drivers.

4. Re-install MyDVD.

You may be able to reverse #2 and #3. If you have more than one DVD drive, it might 'help' to put a blank DVD in each drive while doing steps 1-4. This is probably 'superstition' but I happen to have this situation when 1-4 worked for me.

Good luck!!! I was about to throw out MyDVD.

:huh:

10 answers to this question

From what I can tell it's simply tempramental. I kept getting up to 99% on the last menu encoding only to get error 80040207 several times. Then I made the change of Fit to Disc to HQ and it worked. Tried to make another and got the same error. Tried a number of things including changing display settings to performance and such, checking for updates to video card, ect..., turning off media hard drive watcher, and defragmenting to no avail(pretty much everything I could find from searching). Then I simply switched the quality from HQ to Fit to HQ and it worked...

I've got my MyDVD ritual down to a science, I make the project and save it, close down Roxio, wait a few minutes, start it up, open project, switch quality from HQ to Fit to HQ, preview it, and burn. 3 discs down and counting... *crosses fingers*

I haven't searched for this yet because I just thought of it and I'm sorry for being lazy here but is there a function I can use to encode/output movies into DVD burnable format outside of burning? Due to the encoding error it would be a real time saver if I didn't have to encode during the burn process since it's a real time waster everytime I get that error. I've only been using MyDVD for a couple days now so I'm really not familiar with what you can do with it(plus I'm a newbie at DVD creation for the most part) :); I tried some free conversion programs I happened to find in other searches here but they produced awful quality and I'm a bit reluctant to go through the trouble of learning them/finding one that works when I'm perfectly happy with MyDVD encoding results.

Besides that I just need to figure out a workaround for menu audio that works for stills...

:) To top it off SonicOnline is a black hole.

I've been able to make Discs, but a lower than desired quality. Have you tried lowering the quality level? Try lowest with one move. Since encoding occurs at lower quality levels, the problem is clearly a MyDVD 9 problem and NOT your hardware or graphics driver.

Also, download and install latest DirectX version

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

well this is turning into a nightmare. I did the software rendering...got a disc out. Now today...I imported a new movie....went to edit it..and now I"m getting a 80004003 error.

.\IPEBase.cpp (3702) *** Error NULL = pDrawp

After I got this error...I saw the post about a new Direct X so I installed that...it didn't change a thing however.

Are all these problems in version 8? cause I found that disc today....

:) To top it off SonicOnline is a black hole.

I've been able to make Discs, but a lower than desired quality. Have you tried lowering the quality level? Try lowest with one move. Since encoding occurs at lower quality levels, the problem is clearly a MyDVD 9 problem and NOT your hardware or graphics driver.

Also, download and install latest DirectX version

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

well I didn't try lowering the quality...but I sure don't like the way that sounds.

well I actually upgraded all my drivers before I installed this product. I'm still getting this error.

:D After making some changes on my system the problem re-appeared. After many re-installs, it seems MyDVD9 will work if you can lower the level (e.g., SP instead of HQ or Fit to Disc), even tho it says movie(s) will fit :)

:D After making some changes on my system the problem re-appeared. After many re-installs, it seems MyDVD9 will work if you can lower the level (e.g., SP instead of HQ or Fit to Disc), even tho it says movie(s) will fit :huh:

:D SP and lower appear to work. Cannot use HQ or Fit to Disk :D:D:D:D

Im not sure what to make of this problem. It's happens 90% of the time..and yes I feel like I've tried it 100 times. It's quite frustrating. I didn't figure out the combination to make it work yet. This program really really stinks.

Archived