• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 10 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
Bryan

Joining 2 mpgs on one dvd?

Question

I have a dvd movie that is in two parts both mpgs. When I burn an mpg I just throw it in the video section and select dvd movie on the side and let it encode and burn. Well if the movie is in two parts and I do the same exact thing will it just join the movies seamless?

6 answers to this question

They aren't actually "joined" but the second will automatically play after the first. There might be a momentary pause of the picture similar to when a dual-layer disc starts reading the next layer.

To import video from a DVD to the Toast Video window, drag the titles from the Toast Media Browser rather than dragging the video from the Finder or using the Add button.

They aren't actually "joined" but the second will automatically play after the first. There might be a momentary pause of the picture similar to when a dual-layer disc starts reading the next layer.

To import video from a DVD to the Toast Video window, drag the titles from the Toast Media Browser rather than dragging the video from the Finder or using the Add button.

what difference does using the toast media browser make?

what difference does using the toast media browser make?

If you are importing VOBs from a VIDEO_TS folder Toast doesn't always get it right when dragging from the Finder. The way Toast 7 (and 8) is designed the titles from VIDEO_TS folders must be imported via the Media Browser. Toast then extracts the MPEGs from the VIDEO_TS folder and writes them to the Converted Items folder, which are then used as the source for the burned DVD.

More specifically, I think Toast won't recognise pre-existent chapter markers unless you add VIDEO_TS folders via the Media Browser. Is that right ?

More specifically, I think Toast won't recognise pre-existent chapter markers unless you add VIDEO_TS folders via the Media Browser. Is that right ?

That may be true as well. But sometimes it doesn't even recognize the entire length of the movie when dragging from the Finder.