• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 22 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

sknis

One Way Of Doing It.

Question

A poster asked for a general step by step process on how to create a finished DVD using images and videos. I responded with this process. Be aware that there are other ways of doing this and this is not the shortest route. I hope others will fill in the steps I missed. Although there are no tutorials available for V9, there are tutorial available for most of the applications in V8 here. They are worth watching just for an orientation.

First, make sure your video card drivers are up to date and Direct X is 9c. You may not need to update to the latest 9c. Go to the card manufacturer's web site to get their latest approved drivers. My card is NVidia but it was built by eVGA.

You may want to search for the details on this board. I mentioned save in a couple of items below but you should remember to save often.

Prep Work

!) Disconnect from the internet, run your anti-virus and anti-malware. Now would be a good time to use msconfig> start-up: to minimize the number of programs that start when you turn on your computer. If you do this, you will have to reboot and acknowledge that you want to use the new settings). Defrag your hard drive, reboot. Shut down all running programs including the anti-virus and anti-malware.

VideoWave

2) If you have video that you want to edit, do that first using VideoWave. You can cut out sections, add titles, background music, overlays, etc. (Save the project frequently using two different alternating names). Output the project to a mpg2 for DVD best quality file. Save that. If you make a mistake and do not like what you have done, you can chose undo or you can start from scratch as long as you don't over write the original video file.

3) Use VideoWave to create your project. When VideoWave opens, make sure you are looking at the story line. Add your images and the mpg2 files that you created in a logical order. Set the display time for the images.

4) Add color panels to the project where you want to have titles. Double click on the panel to add text to the internal track. Demo here

5) Add text to the internal track of any images you want.

6) Add your transitions and set the display time for the transitions. Keep in mind that you can get only one hour of best quality on a single sided disc. you can get more but at a lesser quality. you can also add any effects to the images at this time.

7) Preview that production and move around the images you want to move. Just drag them to the correct order, things will move over to make room. You may have to move, add, or delete transitions once you have done that. Now is the time to do any pan and zoom on the individual images. Demo here for using the advanced editing.

8) Switch to the timeline view and add any music. Alternate two audio tracks when you add the music so that you can add the fade in/out and overlap of the music cuts. See demo of lowering volume of native audio track and adding a music piece in the same place.

9) Save and preview. When you are satisfied, save the project with a name that you will remember as the (semi) final version. If you are going to have more than one movie, repeat the above as needed.

MyDVD

10) Close VideoWave and open MyDVD. Set up your menus. You have lots of options such as themes, menu background, background audio, motion or still, etc. Using instruction from ggrussell, there is a short demo movie on how to create a custom menu and to get that menu background to play for an extended time.

11) Add the projects that you created in VideoWave. Save. Preview. adjust. Be careful about moving around the images/titles that are on the menu; sometimes this causes problems. try to add your VideoWave projects in the order you want them to appear.

12) This would be a good time to add chapters if you want to. Select the project and then do a manual selection of where you want the chapters. You can also add chapter makes in VideoWave but I find this to be easier.

13) You can also add a Intro Movie that will play as soon as you insert the disc.

14) If you want, you can now adjust the navigation (go back to menu or play next movie after the previous one plays).

15) Preview and make any adjustments. Save again.

16) Go to the top menu and select your project settings (see image for my preferences)

17) Select burn and burn to an iso (image file). Select a name and where you want it to be created. The default is the C:/ folder. Deselect the other options. Some people prefer burning to a folder and using that rather than the iso file - either work well.

18) Let the program encode the project. Encoding will take 2 to almost 10 times the playing length of the project depending on your computer and the complexity of the project. Do not use the computer to read mail, play games, etc. during the encoding.

Disc Copier

19) When the iso file is encoded, close MyDVD and open Disc Copier. Navigate to the iso file and preview it (small screen).

20) If it looks OK, copy the iso file to a good quality blank DVD. I often burn to a DVD RW so I can preview it on my TV before the final burn. If the RW looks OK, just copy that iso file to the final DVD. Chose plus R or dash R depending on your set top player. Some people prefer to use Creator Classic or Copy (from the Home menu) rather than Disc Copier.

21) Grab a cold drink, call the family together and enjoy..

Attached image(s)

post-58-1167912923.jpg

Edited by sknis

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet