RoxMedia DB9.exe has encountered an error

j1020h

Question

I just bought EC9 and I am having problems. I fixed my runtime errors. And now I have a RoxMedia DB9.exe has encountered a problem error. I get that error when I try to copy a dvd from my PC to Creator 9. It will get to 99 percent done and then it will hang for a minute or so and then give me the error... RoxMedia DB9.exe has encountered a problem error.

3 answers to this question

Try disabling it - this is a copy of a post by Tbrewst on ths matter of DB9

"...It's Media Manager accessing your drive to keep updated.If you want you can stop watching folders.You can do 1 of 2 things.

1)In the tool bar right click on the Media Manager icon and then choose "Stop watching folders"

2)Go to Start,Run and type in msconfig.When it comes up go to the startup tab and uncheck RoxWatchTray9.Reboot your computer and when it restarts check the box that says "don't show me this again" when the box pops up..."

Try disabling it - this is a copy of a post by Tbrewst on ths matter of DB9

"...It's Media Manager accessing your drive to keep updated.If you want you can stop watching folders.You can do 1 of 2 things.

1)In the tool bar right click on the Media Manager icon and then choose "Stop watching folders"

2)Go to Start,Run and type in msconfig.When it comes up go to the startup tab and uncheck RoxWatchTray9.Reboot your computer and when it restarts check the box that says "don't show me this again" when the box pops up..."

Thank you...your suggestion worked.

After i made my DVD and played it back. It worked fine on my pc but skips on my TV DVD player. What could the problem be?

Couple of things when buirning a DVD (or rather before burning)

1: Defrag the hard drive before starting (fragmented source files can cause hiccups when played back)

2: Run Adaware and/or Spybot S&D (do this weekly - one will catch stuff the other misses and they're both free to download)

3: Another possibility - some DVD players are very picky about the media - if you try another brand or a +R instead of -R (or vice-versa). It's just a matter of experimenting to see what your player is happy with

Archived