• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 17 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Piano music in menu

elle

Question

First of all...terrible software. The older MyDvd was much better.

I finally figured out how to burn a video to dvd....but now I have this stupid piano music for the menu. I changed the default pic and used my own, but the piano music is still there. How do I get rid of it? I dont' want any music.

Third...terrible software. That's not even mentioning all the crashes. Thanks..

elle

9 answers to this question

apparently I am much more stupid than the piano! I was focusing on that "Change Menu Audio" and didn't even see that thing under the dvd menu. Now...if I can only get that stupid error 80040207 to go away!

Search the board for the error, you'll get lots of hits. The error is related to hardware and not software. Try these:

* Instead of burning the project direct to disc, burn to an iso (image file) make sure you name it something you'll remember and a location where you will find it. Once the project is encoded, copy that iso file to a DVD blank.

* Update your burner's firmware.

* Update your video drivers and DirectX 9c

*In tools>options, set the render mode to software.

If you still have the error, after trying these post back. with your computer's profile. Use Belarc Advisor to get the information of the type you see in the signatures.

Search the board for the error, you'll get lots of hits. The error is related to hardware and not software. Try these:

* Instead of burning the project direct to disc, burn to an iso (image file) make sure you name it something you'll remember and a location where you will find it. Once the project is encoded, copy that iso file to a DVD blank.

* Update your burner's firmware.

* Update your video drivers and DirectX 9c

*In tools>options, set the render mode to software.

If you still have the error, after trying these post back. with your computer's profile. Use Belarc Advisor to get the information of the type you see in the signatures.

Thanks I gave that a shot (software rendering) and at least got one dvd out...but I don't know if it's because of this...or the luck of the draw. What is the main difference between Hardware and Software rendering. I noticed with the software rendering I got many more...pixelated (?) areas. With the Hardware rendering it seemed to be a better video (the one time it worked)

With that high-end video card, it should work fine on 'hardware' render. What I find odd is that we see A LOT of problem here with Dell computers. We don't know why. Perhaps the way the set them up.

Before you installed EMC 9, did you remove the preinstalled Sonic or Roxio software? Some of those do have conflicts.

Have you done all of the Windows Updates? The OS images the manufacturers use can be many months old. Even computers right oout of the box usually need some updating.

make sure you have the latest nVidia driver - 93.71

Make sure you have the latest DirectX - Dec 2006.

These last two would be VERY IMPORTANT.

With that high-end video card, it should work fine on 'hardware' render. What I find odd is that we see A LOT of problem here with Dell computers. We don't know why. Perhaps the way the set them up.

Before you installed EMC 9, did you remove the preinstalled Sonic or Roxio software? Some of those do have conflicts.

Have you done all of the Windows Updates? The OS images the manufacturers use can be many months old. Even computers right oout of the box usually need some updating.

I don't have the same video card as Elle, but I do have the 7900 GT card, and EMC 9 does not like it. I can burn from MyDVD, in hardware rendering, but I get the Error 80040207, if I burn to an .ISO file or Folder Set. If I use Disc Copier to burn either to a disc, there is no menu and none of the dissolve transitions are in the final product.

If I burn directly to disc, from MyDVD, I get the menus, but no transitions. If I want to spend 3 days of waiting, it does burn properly using Software render.

Everything works fine on the computer that has my ATI Radeon 9800 Pro video card, which is not anywhere near as good as the 7900 GT.

To me, it looks like a glitch with EMC 9 or the drivers for NVidia.

actually yeah...I unistalled the old roxio first....cause in v9 install is said to. It claims it did it.....but I had to restore my unit...so I went ahead and did that first the second time around. ya know....I did my windows update...and after that I kept getting a ehrecve.exe memory writing error. I thought it was the v9 software cause it happened right after that. Then I did a restore....the error was gone...I reinstalled the v9 and it's working OK...less this error.

Ya know...I might try and update the video drivers again...cause maybe that got lost in the restore. Yes...this dell is not what I thought it would be. Seems to be a lot of issues. My last machine was a dell...but this is a far cry. Not sure if it's the software...or hardware but it sure doesn't like a lot of stuff.

I finally figured out how to burn a video to dvd....but now I have this stupid piano music for the menu. I changed the default pic and used my own, but the piano music is still there. How do I get rid of it? I dont' want any music.

elle

hello I hope I may be able to help you in one of your problems I am not quite sure yet myself how to get rid of the use altogether what I tried was a low point file without any audio recorded in any recording programme and shows that one you can change the audio background on the left-hand side of the preview window where all the other options are hope this is some help someone who has more information and more knowledge on the programme may be able to help you more Michelle

hello I hope I may be able to help you in one of your problems I am not quite sure yet myself how to get rid of the use altogether what I tried was a low point file without any audio recorded in any recording programme and shows that one you can change the audio background on the left-hand side of the preview window where all the other options are hope this is some help someone who has more information and more knowledge on the programme may be able to help you more Michelle

thanks I was trying to do something like that...but then started getting these 80040207 errors and thought they might have been related to that. I got it changed to an acceptable music for ONE panel of the menu...now I have to figure out how to do it for all of them. A simple NO AUDIO button or option would have been great!!!

Thanks...I'll work on it tomorrow....I"M too frustrated to work on it more tonight.

elle

The piano music can't be stupid. It is an inanimate object, so to speak, and does not have the ability to think.

Click on DVD Menu, then click on Remove Menu Audio. Piece of cake.

The piano music can't be stupid. It is an inanimate object, so to speak, and does not have the ability to think.

Click on DVD Menu, then click on Remove Menu Audio. Piece of cake.

apparently I am much more stupid than the piano! I was focusing on that "Change Menu Audio" and didn't even see that thing under the dvd menu. Now...if I can only get that stupid error 80040207 to go away!

Archived