Question

Dear Roxio,

Congratulations on the releas of Toast 8. I ordered my copy this morning (Jan 08) after reading about the improvements and the new feature of BluRay disc burning.

Regards,

PS. First Post

"Upgrade Center Pricing" ... where?

The wonderful upgrade page is RIGHT HERE.

Don't worry though, previous owners do not get any price break, or at least anything that a new user can't get ($20 mail-in rebate, give me a break). That, my friend suxs! I have been a loyal Toast purchaser since version 4.x. I'm going to have to think hard about whether or not this version is worth the price. So far I don't see anything. It will be several years before I need blu-ray so that's no big deal.

Quite Dissatisfied...

:)

WTF !!! No upgrade price break??? This is a PRIME example of why "some" people turn to piracy. This is a complete joke.

Agreed. This is ridiculous. :)

Agreed. This is ridiculous. :huh:

Sorry... looks like I may have jumped the gun... I just got an email from Roxio and we (previous owners) can get a $30 mail-in rebate. So we save $10.00 more.

I guess it's better than the same $20 everyone else can get.

I guess I'm used to seeing upwards of 50% off retail price for upgrading users. The thing is if everyone can get it for $79.00 then that's where our price break should start from, not the listed $99.00 retail price. So even 25% off the $79.00 would be around $59.00 and for pete's sake just let me buy it don't give me that mail-in rebate crap!

:D

Edited by Greg Meach

Sorry... looks like I may have jumped the gun... I just got an email from Roxio and we (previous owners) can get a $30 mail-in rebate. So we save $10.00 more.

Dad-blast it. I just bought Toast 7 at the end of November 06 and popcorn in December. How's that for timing?

Seems a bit off again. Us long standing users should get a better deal than that to upgrade. I too will have to think long and hard beofre I shell out the £££'s

Agreed. This is ridiculous. :)

The upgrade version isn't listed in the upgrade center yet, this should be occurring later this morning.

Please be patient, thanks. :huh:

"Upgrade Center Pricing" ... where?

Coming, soon.

I guess I'm used to seeing upwards of 50% off retail price for upgrading users. The thing is if everyone can get it for $79.00 then that's where our price break should start from, not the listed $99.00 retail price. So even 25% off the $79.00 would be around $59.00 and for pete's sake just let me buy it don't give me that mail-in rebate crap!

:huh:

I changed email addresses so I don't get the emails from Roxio anymore. Is there a URL for getting the $30 rebate?

Dad-blast it. I just bought Toast 7 at the end of November 06 and popcorn in December. How's that for timing?

Me too! I bought Toast7 and Popcorn less than 30 days ago.. Only $30 rebate is an insult in my opinion..

Me too! I bought Toast7 and Popcorn less than 30 days ago.. Only $30 rebate is an insult in my opinion..

This should be fixed later today, there is a special offer going on the upgrade center shortly which doesn't involve a mail in rebate for Toast 7, Popcorn 2 and Jam 6 users.

If you call Roxio you can get the upgrade for $69.

The Tivo thing seems to work but the player is stupid - if you have just downloaded say 8 minutes of an hour show and want to stream it (assuming the transfer is faster than real time) then it will only show 8 minutes. You can watch that, but no more than that. Very stupid software.

If you call Roxio you can get the upgrade for $69.

The Tivo thing seems to work but the player is stupid - if you have just downloaded say 8 minutes of an hour show and want to stream it (assuming the transfer is faster than real time) then it will only show 8 minutes. You can watch that, but no more than that. Very stupid software.

Please wait for the upgrade pricing online going up if you're a Toast 7, Popcorn 2, or Jam 6 user, it'll be worth it.

Please wait for the upgrade pricing online going up if you're a Toast 7, Popcorn 2, or Jam 6 user, it'll be worth it.

Thank you, looking forward to it.

Thank you, looking forward to it.

I'm going to be stepping out of the office for a few hours until later this afternoon, I assure you that the true upgrade is in the process of being posted (no MIR). Please get along with each other until I get back. :)

I'm going to be stepping out of the office for a few hours until later this afternoon, I assure you that the true upgrade is in the process of being posted (no MIR). Please get along with each other until I get back. :)

I can play nice, but still would like to know:

Since it's been less than 30 days since the purchase of Toast 7 (Dec. 19th) will there be any way to upgrade for less than $69.95?

(If not, it would mean paying $140.00 in the last month.... not something I can do)

Most companies have a special rate for those who purchased within 30 days. Hope the same is true for Roxio/Sonic.

Cheers,

Dorian

I can play nice, but still would like to know:

Since it's been less than 30 days since the purchase of Toast 7 (Dec. 19th) will there be any way to upgrade for less than $69.95?

(If not, it would mean paying $140.00 in the last month.... not something I can do)

Most companies have a special rate for those who purchased within 30 days. Hope the same is true for Roxio/Sonic.

Cheers,

Dorian

Normally, upgrade pricing has been historically lower and it would seem it will be, as specified here by the resident Roxio guy. I myself upgraded to Toast 7 on November 29th, so I agree with Dorian, although my ouch would not be as high thanks to upgrade pricing. Still, as with anything else, having purchased a less current version within almost a month always bites.

Normally, upgrade pricing has been historically lower and it would seem it will be, as specified here by the resident Roxio guy. I myself upgraded to Toast 7 on November 29th, so I agree with Dorian, although my ouch would not be as high thanks to upgrade pricing. Still, as with anything else, having purchased a less current version within almost a month always bites.

Will there be anything for owners less than 30days? I purchased on Jan 2!! I would hope that I don't have to essentially rebuy because I was upgrading for the new year.

Hi patatrox,

As happened with Toast 7 I haven't received an upgrade and/or new version email. My addie is still the same, of course.

Like before i want to buy from the horses mouth and not be ripped off by your localized store. For starters it takes months for Toast 8 to trickle through there and when it finally does they simply change Dollars for Euros without converting and slap some extra on for good measure. And I want the original version anyway.

Still waiting for the real upgrade to go up on the site which would solve the problem I think (no MIR), but it's not there yet. Which to me means it probably won't. Sorry for sounding a tad negative...

It is a $30 Mail-In rebate. I got my email about it this morning.

I wish we could just get the price without the need for a Mail-In rebate, if we registered previously.

Edit:

I've been sitting around on the order page debating and I just got a popup on my order page about an extra 10% discount if I complete my order immediately. Final check-out price is 89.99 plus the Mail-In.

Just wanted to let you know. I don't know what triggers the extra 10% discount. Maybe if I wait around longer they'll add another 10%. Heh.

Edited by russ weiss

I too think that only $10 off what ANY other new user can get just by finding an image of the CD can receive is a joke! Right now the only reason I'm even thinking about T8 is for the improved audio editing and the ability to make Mac/Windows friendly burns.

Loyalty discount should be more than $10!! (what they call a $30 discount)

Hey, ordered within the last 30-days as well and not really happy about this handling...

Why does everybody think they can do it just like Apple and treat their consumers like crap in regards to release information (not) being communicated... And then not even play nice once the new products are out...

Sort this out quickly, please.

This should be fixed later today, there is a special offer going on the upgrade center shortly which doesn't involve a mail in rebate for Toast 7, Popcorn 2 and Jam 6 users.

The page hasn't been updated yet. "Patatrox" specifically said it would not involve a mail in rebate. Keep watching...

The page hasn't been updated yet. "Patatrox" specifically said it would not involve a mail in rebate. Keep watching...

http://www.roxio.com/enu/upgrade_center/default.html

Click on the product you own, it's $59.99 with an instant discount, not a mail in rebate for Toast 7, Popcorn 2, and Jam 6 users.

Sorry for the delay, I'm over at Macworld now and just found a hotspot. :)

http://www.roxio.com/enu/upgrade_center/default.html

Click on the product you own, it's $59.99 with an instant discount, not a mail in rebate for Toast 7, Popcorn 2, and Jam 6 users.

Sorry for the delay, I'm over at Macworld now and just found a hotspot. :)

Will there be a Grace Period Upgrade Price?

(Please say yes!) :huh:

Thanks, and hope you are enjoying MacWorld,

Dorian