Toast 8

davidcc1

Question

http://www.roxio.com/enu/upgrade_center/default.html

Click on the product you own, it's $59.99 with an instant discount, not a mail in rebate for Toast 7, Popcorn 2, and Jam 6 users.

Sorry for the delay, I'm over at Macworld now and just found a hotspot. :)

Will there be a Grace Period Upgrade Price?

(Please say yes!) :huh:

Thanks, and hope you are enjoying MacWorld,

Dorian

Will there be a Grace Period Upgrade Price?

(Please say yes!) :)

Thanks, and hope you are enjoying MacWorld,

Dorian

How about some sort of rational upgrade price for people who just bought Toast 7. Thanks for the unconditional 30-day money-back guarantee, but I'd sure rather upgrade for, say, $20, then get a refund and buy a new copy. Any chance of that? Thanks.

"Upgrade Center Pricing" ... where?

The wonderful upgrade page is RIGHT HERE.

Don't worry though, previous owners do not get any price break, or at least anything that a new user can't get ($20 mail-in rebate, give me a break). That, my friend suxs! I have been a loyal Toast purchaser since version 4.x. I'm going to have to think hard about whether or not this version is worth the price. So far I don't see anything. It will be several years before I need blu-ray so that's no big deal.

Quite Dissatisfied...

:)

http://www.roxio.com/enu/upgrade_center/default.html

Click on the product you own, it's $59.99 with an instant discount, not a mail in rebate for Toast 7, Popcorn 2, and Jam 6 users.

Sorry for the delay, I'm over at Macworld now and just found a hotspot. :)

There ya go! Got mine. Thank you very much and have a good time at MacWorld. Wish I could be there.

Agreed. This is ridiculous. :huh:

Sorry... looks like I may have jumped the gun... I just got an email from Roxio and we (previous owners) can get a $30 mail-in rebate. So we save $10.00 more.

I guess it's better than the same $20 everyone else can get.

I guess I'm used to seeing upwards of 50% off retail price for upgrading users. The thing is if everyone can get it for $79.00 then that's where our price break should start from, not the listed $99.00 retail price. So even 25% off the $79.00 would be around $59.00 and for pete's sake just let me buy it don't give me that mail-in rebate crap!

:D

Sorry... looks like I may have jumped the gun... I just got an email from Roxio and we (previous owners) can get a $30 mail-in rebate. So we save $10.00 more.

Dad-blast it. I just bought Toast 7 at the end of November 06 and popcorn in December. How's that for timing?

I guess I'm used to seeing upwards of 50% off retail price for upgrading users. The thing is if everyone can get it for $79.00 then that's where our price break should start from, not the listed $99.00 retail price. So even 25% off the $79.00 would be around $59.00 and for pete's sake just let me buy it don't give me that mail-in rebate crap!

:huh:

I changed email addresses so I don't get the emails from Roxio anymore. Is there a URL for getting the $30 rebate?

Me too! I bought Toast7 and Popcorn less than 30 days ago.. Only $30 rebate is an insult in my opinion..

This should be fixed later today, there is a special offer going on the upgrade center shortly which doesn't involve a mail in rebate for Toast 7, Popcorn 2 and Jam 6 users.

If you call Roxio you can get the upgrade for $69.

The Tivo thing seems to work but the player is stupid - if you have just downloaded say 8 minutes of an hour show and want to stream it (assuming the transfer is faster than real time) then it will only show 8 minutes. You can watch that, but no more than that. Very stupid software.

If you call Roxio you can get the upgrade for $69.

The Tivo thing seems to work but the player is stupid - if you have just downloaded say 8 minutes of an hour show and want to stream it (assuming the transfer is faster than real time) then it will only show 8 minutes. You can watch that, but no more than that. Very stupid software.

Please wait for the upgrade pricing online going up if you're a Toast 7, Popcorn 2, or Jam 6 user, it'll be worth it.

Thank you, looking forward to it.

I'm going to be stepping out of the office for a few hours until later this afternoon, I assure you that the true upgrade is in the process of being posted (no MIR). Please get along with each other until I get back. :)

I'm going to be stepping out of the office for a few hours until later this afternoon, I assure you that the true upgrade is in the process of being posted (no MIR). Please get along with each other until I get back. :)

I can play nice, but still would like to know:

Since it's been less than 30 days since the purchase of Toast 7 (Dec. 19th) will there be any way to upgrade for less than $69.95?

(If not, it would mean paying $140.00 in the last month.... not something I can do)

Most companies have a special rate for those who purchased within 30 days. Hope the same is true for Roxio/Sonic.

Cheers,

Dorian

I can play nice, but still would like to know:

Since it's been less than 30 days since the purchase of Toast 7 (Dec. 19th) will there be any way to upgrade for less than $69.95?

(If not, it would mean paying $140.00 in the last month.... not something I can do)

Most companies have a special rate for those who purchased within 30 days. Hope the same is true for Roxio/Sonic.

Cheers,

Dorian

Normally, upgrade pricing has been historically lower and it would seem it will be, as specified here by the resident Roxio guy. I myself upgraded to Toast 7 on November 29th, so I agree with Dorian, although my ouch would not be as high thanks to upgrade pricing. Still, as with anything else, having purchased a less current version within almost a month always bites.

Hi again patatrox,

It worked fine and I've got it, thank you very much!

Used it straight away to burn the image to a backup CD and that also went fine. Have to get used to the animation and changing window stuff though...

I think it will grow on you, I'm still pretty amazed how cool it looks. :)

When you're burning, take a look at the Toast icon in the dock. And make sure to keep watching that icon as the burn is finished. :huh:

If you went to MacWorld you didn't need to have an old version to get a special $30 discount according to the email I got a few days ago.

The current instant discount for prior users (v.7 at least) is $40 (selling at $59.99) as an introductory discount for a limited time.

That is a little better, not great by any means, and almost as bad as their volume pricing which is why we no longer use it in our classrooms.

Archived