unexpected device sense code

Neil C

Question

Hi guys, I am a newbie and am trying to make a bluray disc, but not having any luck at all.I can make the menu and start to burn the project, only for it to fail just as it is about to write the image with the words Unexpected device sense code: %0 -27240.

Been spending hours trying to get this software to work. No luck at all. Very frustrating...

Also loaded the program in different places after numerous error warnings etc. 4gig limit came up at one point. Got fed up and reloaded it for the sixth time now.

Am not impressed so far, but its still in its infancy I guess.

Any help much appreciated. as I had a Panasonic BD10 for Xmas and I would really like to see a home made Bluray disc soon.... :)

Cheers everyone

Neil

11 answers to this question

I faced the same issue right now, trying to burn a project to a Sony BD-RE media, using the LG GGW-H20L with the latest firmware.

This was my first time using the burner and the media, so after reading this forum, I created an ISO image of my Blu-ray project and burned it with Power2go from Cyberlink (it came with the drive).

Ather that, I didn't even bothered looking at the content, and decided to try with DVDit Pro again.

Just as I suspected, the application now recognized the disc and burned the project directly and without any problems (after erasing the media first).

Maybe this is a problem with DVDit Pro recognizing fresh "virgin" discs? Perhaps this might happen with some drives while others don't.

"Unexpected device sense code: %0 -27240"

I have been using the same BD-RE disc for quite sometime with DVDitProHD

and never had any problem.

Now, when I tell DVDitPro to "Burn disc using a volume", it tells me the

disc is not erased, ask me to erase it, then starts burning ...

"Building file system (UDF).

Then the above error message!!!

If I use Nero7 and the same BD-RE disc, Nero has no problem and makes

a bluray disc that does play in my PS3.

Here is what is interesting ... if I change to an different DVDit Project and burn

the volume created for that project, then DVDit Pro has no problem!! So, is

it save to assume DVDit did something wrong when it "Burn to volume"??

ya, sounds like it doesn't connect to or like your burner right now. which BD burner are you using? please try burning an image or volume.

There are a few different threads on this in various places that suggest similar fixes:

http://sony.storagesupport.com/cgi-bin/son...qC/faq/view/614

http://cs.sonic.com/scripts/texcel/swise/k...mp;solutions%20

Scott

Hi Guys

thank you so much for your fast replies to my problems. I did as was suggested and it did burn to an image file, but would not burn to disc.I used my Cyberlink burning program which came with my LG Blu-ray burner which also has the latest firmware update and hey presto it burned OK and is now playing in my Panasonic DMP BD10 player.

I am one happy bunny!!!!!!

It does work with the burning workaround but hey-it works!!!!!!!!!!

Again thanks to you 2 gents for the info and replies.

Neil C in Switzerland :huh::)

I will check to make sure we are supporting the LG drive, but glad to hear that you have a suitable workaround. Could be you also have conflicting burning solutions...

FYI - if you output to image and then burn that image to DVD-R, it should play nicely in the Panasonic player as well. Though you will have to play with the bit rate to see what works best...probably a max of 24mbs if you write to DVD-R (while you can go up to 40mbs on BD-R). Could save you some money on BD media though to do it this way.

Hi Guys

thank you so much for your fast replies to my problems. I did as was suggested and it did burn to an image file, but would not burn to disc.I used my Cyberlink burning program which came with my LG Blu-ray burner which also has the latest firmware update and hey presto it burned OK and is now playing in my Panasonic DMP BD10 player.

I am one happy bunny!!!!!!

It does work with the burning workaround but hey-it works!!!!!!!!!!

Again thanks to you 2 gents for the info and replies.

Neil C in Switzerland :D:)

I would give DVDit another try to see if it can burn a disc, if not might be an issue with DVDit.

Glad to see you got the alternative method working :huh:

"Unexpected device sense code: %0 -27240"

I have been using the same BD-RE disc for quite sometime with DVDitProHD

and never had any problem.

Now, when I tell DVDitPro to "Burn disc using a volume", it tells me the

disc is not erased, ask me to erase it, then starts burning ...

"Building file system (UDF).

Then the above error message!!!

If I use Nero7 and the same BD-RE disc, Nero has no problem and makes

a bluray disc that does play in my PS3.

Here is what is interesting ... if I change to an different DVDit Project and burn

the volume created for that project, then DVDit Pro has no problem!! So, is

it save to assume DVDit did something wrong when it "Burn to volume"??

I had exactly the same problem - check the Nero "Info Tool" and it will give you exact amount of space available on your BD-RE (mine was 22.56 GB - Sony BD-RE) and my project was 22.5 (a test project) - I shortened one of the movies in the project by 5 min and it was 21.8 and there was no problem with DVDit Pro HD burning the disc from volume.

Hi,

I recently observed the same error "Unexpected device sense code: %0 -27240" when I tried burning my project (volume) on a blank BD-RE from Verbatim. My BD Burner is the Lite On LH-2B1S with latest firmware (07) installed. All ASPI dll are correctly installed. I didn't have the problem with blank TDK BD-RE media before.

If I use Cyberlink, I can easily copy on a blank disk BD-RE Verbatim. Once anything has been copied on the BD-RE, I can use DVDit pro HD to burn my project without any error message (the program tells me that the disc contains data and asks to erase the content).

Patrick

PS: Hey Scott, I don't know if you can duplicate this or if you have any idea about the root cause. Thanks anyway for your help to the users of this forum

Hi guys, I am a newbie and am trying to make a bluray disc, but not having any luck at all.I can make the menu and start to burn the project, only for it to fail just as it is about to write the image with the words Unexpected device sense code: %0 -27240.

Been spending hours trying to get this software to work. No luck at all. Very frustrating...

Also loaded the program in different places after numerous error warnings etc. 4gig limit came up at one point. Got fed up and reloaded it for the sixth time now.

Am not impressed so far, but its still in its infancy I guess.

Any help much appreciated. as I had a Panasonic BD10 for Xmas and I would really like to see a home made Bluray disc soon.... :)

Cheers everyone

Neil

Scott has mentioned that the 4gig thing maybe has to do with the audio being longer than the video, I have not tried to demux the mpegs that were causing my problems to check it out.

Have you tried to just "burn to volume" to see if the files are created. If they are, try your burning program to burn the files. Which blu-ray drive are you using?

Archived