• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

can't get 8 installed

lonw

Question

4 answers to this question

I am also unable to get Toast 8 upgrade installed. I have Popcorn 2 installed but have misplaced the install CD. During the upgrade, it claims I don't have any eligible product installed and asks for the product key of the eligible product which I unfortunately can't find at the moment.

This upgrade process has been a very frustrating experience. First, I ordered the download and didn't get any e-mail about my order until almost 24 hours after I placed the order. I even went to the trouble of checking with my credit card company to see if the order had been placed since I have never experienced not getting an almost immediate confirmation e-mail after an online order.

I will probably send something to support but I read the turnaround time is very long so I thought I would post here first.

Without the originall installer or CD-Key it is going to be difficult to help. You will probably need to contact our customer service department directly (go to roxio.com and click on contact us at the very bottom of the page) and provide some proof of purchase for that older software. If you purchased it directly from us they could look it up that way as well.

Without the originall installer or CD-Key it is going to be difficult to help. You will probably need to contact our customer service department directly (go to roxio.com and click on contact us at the very bottom of the page) and provide some proof of purchase for that older software. If you purchased it directly from us they could look it up that way as well.

Thanks for your prompt response! I just don't understand why the upgrade installer does not recognize that I have Popcorn 2 installed (at least that is what the message implies). The way I read the upgrade details is that I would only need the CD-Key for Popcorn 2 if I didn't have it installed.

I didn't buy Popcorn 2 directly from Roxio. I bought it at a retail store and unfortunately no longer have that receipt.

I believe I read that there is a 30 day unconditional money back guaranty so I may have to resort to that. The funny thing is that the reason I went with the upgrade version is that I didn't want the hassle of dealing with mail-in rebates but it turns out that this whole ordeal has probably been more of a hassle in the end.

Won't take my serial sent with email..have toast 7,6, and 5. Why won't it let me upgrade?

Is it the upgrade version?

If so, are you being prompted for the cd-key for Toast 8 or for a qualifying product.

If qualifying product, enter your legitimate Toast 7, Popcorn 2, or Jam 6 product key.

If it isn't accepting your Toast 8 product key when prompted, most likely you're entering it wrong. If you want to send it to me in a PM I can verify it's a valid number.

Archived