Factory Restore problem

Steve000009

I have done this 5times before, and now when i put my factory restore disc in to reset my HD. The CD just comes up "NEW". When i restart my computer, normally it starts resetting my HD but now nothing happens. What is wrong?

Contact who ever supplied you with the "factory restore disc".

I have done this 5times before, and now when i put my factory restore disc in to reset my HD. The CD just comes up "NEW". When i restart my computer, normally it starts resetting my HD but now nothing happens. What is wrong?

What burning software have you installed since it worked last?

cd

When i put in my factory restore disc, to reset my whole HD, the disc just comes up as "NEW". I have done this about 5 times before and it worked just fine. Why isnt is working this time? The file is empty from what I see, but i dont know wuts going on.

No clues here about what kind of disc, where it came from, whether you are trying to restore the entire Operating System, what Oprating System (Win98 SE? Mac? WinXP SP1?), what program is involved, or what Mfgr provided this presumably OEM (Original Eqpt Mfgr) disc.

So it's impossible to give a relevant answer.

Lynn

No clues here about what kind of disc, where it came from, whether you are trying to restore the entire Operating System, what Oprating System (Win98 SE? Mac? WinXP SP1?), what program is involved, or what Mfgr provided this presumably OEM (Original Eqpt Mfgr) disc.

So it's impossible to give a relevant answer.

Lynn

Its INEXT PC recovery CD has windows xp, sp1. It came with my computer when i bought it. I am trying to clrear my whole HD just for a new start on my comp cuz i got alot of crap on it.

What burning software have you installed since it worked last?

cd

Everything is the exact same since i did this last time. I havent put any new burning software on here.

Its INEXT PC recovery CD has windows xp, sp1. It came with my computer when i bought it. I am trying to clrear my whole HD just for a new start on my comp cuz i got alot of crap on it.

Everything is the exact same since i did this last time. I havent put any new burning software on here.

Contact your computer manufacturer.

Like others have suggested, the more information we have about your problem sure helps. Most all of the factory "restore" discs I have had that came with any new computer, the way to "restore" was the following:

Place the restore disc in your CD drive. When you boot up your computer, quickly go to the BIOS Setup program (click on DEL, ESC or what ever key that your system uses to get to the BIOS) and change the bootup sequence to be the CD drive you have the restore disc in. Save out of the BIOS Setup and when the computer re-boots the program that you need to restore back to the factory settings will start.

This process will completely remove anything that you have on your computer now and restore it back to the way it was when you bought the computer. So if you updated any hardware drivers or firmware, you will have to do that again, as well as reinstall any programs that you installed after you bought the computer.

Frank...

One thing to watch - some of the 'recovery' CDs are just bootstrap - the recovery data is actually on a hidden partition on the hard drive - if that has been resized and that partition removed the recovery CD is as useful as a Christmas Tree decoration in February

To get into the BIOS, some computers use Esc or Del; yet others use F1, F2, or F10. I've encountered computers with most of the above.

Lynn

problem is fixed, i called and the guy told me to go into BIOS and something with my cd rom was switched to floppy somehow, so i just had to change it bak to cd rom again and it works now. Thx for the help

Archived